Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plug and Play" MAFT for 02's should start production in 2weeks

I spoke to a manufacturer of MAFT's and he told me the tooling for the plugs on an 02' will be to him in 2 weeks and production will start right away.
NO MORE CUTTING AND PATCHING.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey RG, put my name on the list for one of those sucka's. Gotta get rid of this lean idle and rich WOT condition :/ Then maybe I'll see some 11 second passes.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for the update RG

Let me know again when they are in and ready to ship. I have "subscribed" to this thread and when I saw your reply I was ready to call up and give my CC info :) But no dice. :/

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm in as well for the 02. It does seem like they would use the existing OEM source for the connectors, but perhaps GM owns the tooling and thus the supplier cannot use it for other customers.

Question: Will the new 02 MAFT's have the modifications as mentioned on vetteguru? Do these modifications need to be done for the 02 Z06's?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After hearing time and time again they are almost ready, I cut the damn hrness and installed it. You can get GM weather lock plugs if you are worried about taking it off.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I don't understand the connector problem either. Delphi got spun off of GM a couple years ago. They have to make money on their own now. Connectors and pins should be available through automotive electrical supply houses all over.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Re: What is MAFT?

Juan said:
What the hell are you guys talking about?
:eek:
The subject is the Ramchargers mass airflow translater (MAFT). This device goes between the stock MAF sensor and the PCM. It is adjustable to allow tuning the A/F mixture.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't understand the connector problem either, but ...

I don't understand the connector problem either, but I talked with the guy at RamChargers.com (the manufacturer) and he said that only the "stock" male GM 5 wire connector was available. The female part of the connector is part of the MAF sensor body. Apparently nobody, including GM, uses a separate 5-wire female connector part, so they don't make it. So, to get the connector set, someone has to make a custom female mold, etc, an expensive deal.

The RamChargers guy was not very encouraging about getting the custom 5-wire connector. He said that if GM decides to change connector style in '03, then the custom '02 mold would have to be scrapped and a new one made. A very limited market, lots of risk, not a very attractive to the connector manufactrurer.

I just bought two 3-wire connectors and installed the MAFT with them. A little work, but it works fine.

HTH

·
Registered
803 Posts
Re: I don't understand the connector problem either, but ...

JimGreen said:
I just bought two 3-wire connectors and installed the MAFT with them. A little work, but it works fine.
Jim -

Could you give us a picture of the installation?

What connectors did you use?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Is ther a plug-n-play MAFT for the 01's?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Hello RG,

Where can I find more info on the product you are referring to? Hey thanks again for all the products, they arrived in great condition and in a timely manner.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Z06_2002 said:
Hello RG,

Where can I find more info on the product you are referring to? Hey thanks again for all the products, they arrived in great condition and in a timely manner.
Glad to hear it!! Saw the header post too.:)

Bookmark this site:

http://www.vetteguru.com/

It has a ton of info on many topics including the MAFT.

The guy who did the site is a local guy to me here in Dallas, Shawn Whitehead. Good guy and very thorough in his presentation.

RG

RG

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
HOW ABOUT US GUYS WITH '01's ??

I'm assuming that the same problem exists with the '01 Z06? Or, RG, if not please let me know.

Two of my buddies and I are buying the Ease software and we'll need 3 MAFT's. As follows: '01 Z06/ '01 Coupe/ '97 Coupe.

I'll ask the guy with the '01 about the plug problem.....I don't think he will have a problem if we "special wire" the thing. On the '97, it's a direct plug?

I really don't understand the problem here. I can do a custom job and it will look KEWL.....no one will notice that it ain't stock.....which it isn't in the first place :D

:guiness:
Barrie

1 - 20 of 29 Posts