Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up for me Sunday morning :mah: . I did as it said and there was no problems. Took the Z out for a nice hard ride everything is going fine :thumb: . IT is now Wednesday and I have not seen this code come up anymore. What do you think I whould do? I have not taken the car in for the colum lock recall, Because ive had the ls1 edit done to it and dont want to loose it.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It probably means that your column lock may fail some time in the near future.

As long as your column lock mechanism is working properly, you can apply the column lock by-pass kit. That would greatly reduce any problems with the column lock.

If it does fail and you do not have the clb installed, you will have to tke it into the dealer to have the column lock replaced. At that time they will be required to reflash the computer to cover the recall notice.

As far as the recall notice goes. It does NOT fix the column lock problem. You can still get a column lock failure at any time. The recall simply kills the fuel so the car can not be driven. You will still have to have the car hauled in and have the cloumn lock mechanism replaced.

Good luck,

Don

Chaz06-13 said:
This came up for me Sunday morning :mah: . I did as it said and there was no problems. Took the Z out for a nice hard ride everything is going fine :thumb: . IT is now Wednesday and I have not seen this code come up anymore. What do you think I whould do? I have not taken the car in for the colum lock recall, Because ive had the ls1 edit done to it and dont want to loose it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would this Column lock by-pass kit solve the problem? I can get one today if you think it is worth the money. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If you decide shop around for prices. 50.00 seems to be the lowest price from several vendors. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Chaz, if you do not want the dealer to reflash your computer then buy the column lock bypass kit now while the column lock is working.
The "PULL KEY WAIT 10 SEC" is a symptom that the column lock is about to have issues.

My experience: I had the column lock issues and had the GM recall done. I have not had any professional tuning done yet so I didn't care. All was well for about 2 months. Now the dreaded "PULL KEY WAIT 10 SEC" and the "SERVICE COLUMN LOCK" DIC messages have returned.
Its not an everyday thing but I am sure it will be at some point.

Anyway, my point is, buy the CLB kit and install it before your column lock shits the bed, especially since you have a custom tune in your PCM.

Jim

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
IT L GO, where are you finding the CLB kit for 50.00 bucks?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
NavyPhrog said:
IT L GO, where are you finding the CLB kit for 50.00 bucks?
I'll send you a PM :blush:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
ok, thanks man.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Craig03SVT and TAC, PM's sent :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I don't particularly want a CLB.. but how about just sending me a random PM... ;) hehehe

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
RC45 said:
I don't particularly want a CLB.. but how about just sending me a random PM... ;) hehehe

PM sent :rofl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The pull key message does not necessarily mean you will have a Column Lock problem in the future. I had that message come up on my 97 several times in the 6 years I owned it and never had a Column Lock problem. There are some people who overreact.
Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts