Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home yesterday, about 2 blocks from my home, I pull into my development and watch as a city cop follows me in. I wasn't speeding so thought he was just making his rounds until he flips on his lights just before I reach my drive.

He tells me that "I need to put that front plate on" and that he will write tickets for no front plate for us Corvette guys.

Overall I can't complain, thhe cop was cool and I didn't get a ticket. The worse part is that all my neighbors were outside when this happened and they may feel the need to ride my ass over this one!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've had one ticket and Sherylann has had three tickets, all for no front plate. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif I'll just pay the fine before I deface the front of my Z's with a front plate! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
138 Posts
So Frank, you're not the only hardened criminal in the bunch. What, are you recruiting or something?

·
Registered
0 Posts
No Front Plate!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Got one on the butt though!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I have heard of some registering their cars in other states for six primary reasons. In order of importance from my personal survey:

1. Pay no sales tax.

2. Pay no state luxury or capital property tax.

3. No state inspections ie no emissions certification.

4. States with inspection but no emissions certification.

5. States that do not require front plates.

6.Inability to get the "personal" plate that you desire in your home state.

Pennsylvania had my personal plate available, has no emissions certification and requires no front plate so I decided I could live with the 6% state sales tax.

Nevada and Delaware have no sales tax or corporate income tax so many incorporate s "Sub S" corporation there and pay no tax on their corporations assets: planes boats and Z06's

I know one guy in Pa that has his cars licensed in Oregon so he doesn't pay sales tax and doesn't need to get his car inspected and subject it to emissions certification.

Now if I could only figure out how to get some "Dip" plates and have immunity from all those speeding tickets!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Another idea might be to install the front driving light kit from Breathless Performance. The kit installs where the front license plate cover/bracket is and is covered by a lexan shield. If stopped you might then ask the officer "Where, pray tell, would you have me mount it?" while pointing to your front fascia. Might work, might not!

·
Registered
174 Posts
My dad tried this one when he got pulled over for no front plate. "When I bought the car I noticed that it didn't have a front plate but I have not figured out how to get the factory one out, I can't find any screws that hold it in." Well the cop was eager to help and got on the ground showing him how to take out the factory plate, but no ticket.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Speaking of what to say... have you heard what NOT to say?

Officer:

Sir, your eyes look red, have you been drinking?

Z06 driver:

No, officer, your eyes look glazed, have you been eating donuts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts