Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These plugs were put in when I had the re-ring done in January 2004, so they've been in a bit over a year. I'd say I put 12k on the car since then. When I had it dyno'd the car was running 11.5:1 up top at WOT. The car gets soot from fuel on the back of it at track events so I know it's a bit rich at WOT. Take a look at my plugs... is this "ok" or should i get her tuned? I was wanting to hold off on the tune until I got a cam.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It's a little hard to tell from the pictures. IMO your OK, not perfect but not bad. :cheers:
Number #8 looks little suspect.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It doesn't look too bad. Definitely running rich, but nothing to be concerned about. You can hold off on the tune until you get your cam.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Most of those look fine, all do except that bottom row left plug, it looks way rich. All plugs should have a reddish brown tint to them because of the fuel additives and unless you ran around all day @ WOT you shouldnt have a problem with rich/lean. My understanding is that a tune is going to correct WOT richness. On the dyno my car ran fine (relative to rich/lean) until they did the dyno pull. My a/f went from 14's at part throttle and accell to 10-11 @ WOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts