Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got over 500 miles this weekend. I tried it out several times and feel back wheels slide to the left then recover when I accelerate hard in 1st and 2nd. Active Handling lights up on dash which I know is good. The squirrely feel to back wheel on max acceleration-is that normal?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
3200 lbs + 350 rwhp = squirelly back end upon accelleration. :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Road and Track wrote of the Z06:

"The rear of the car has a tendency to want to see
the front view."

It's as 'normal' as it gets.

Try this: Go to a parking lot, a big empty one. Turn OFF the active handling and the traction control. Turn the wheel hard to the left, hold on tight, press your head back into the headrest, then 'punch it' for two full seconds in 1st gear. Then write back to us again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will try parking lot scenario. What's your take on the Douglas/Blackhawk airflow unit? Thks for imput.

·
Registered
991 Posts
proexpert said:
Try this: Go to a parking lot, a big empty one. Turn OFF the active handling and the traction control. Turn the wheel hard to the left, hold on tight, press your head back into the headrest, then 'punch it' for two full seconds in 1st gear. Then write back to us again. [/B]
ROFLOL:eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Hey he wanted squirrely, I call it shlippy, or maybe slippy. Either way, it's so much fun. Highly recomended, tonight, full moon, full power, empty lot, ...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
LOL @ Proexpert.:lol: Better have some nuts for that move.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
fcalmes said:
Just 1st and 2nd?? :-?

Traction Control kicks in on 3rd too...try it some time!! :D
Try 4th man, kinda scary when traction control is off cuz yer at the drag strip, and the back end walks all over the place on the 4th gear shift.

'course I've heard of certain people, who are going to remain namless cuz I can't remember exactly which person it was, getting squirrely on the 5th gear shift (bout 145mph).

·
Registered
991 Posts
Bottom line

Stop and smell the roses, the Z06 is one awesome car, from start to finish. Look at all the comfort, then look at what it does. 0 to 60...
quarter mile,,,,, and the fun just driving it.
I would say that the General has given us quite some car to say the least.:cheers: :cheers:
(( best thing since pop tops on beer cans:D )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts