Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DJWorm said:
As an option you can jack from the side (ala NASCAR) and lift both side wheels.

1. Locate the triangular steel plate underneath and just inboard of the rocker panel that is part of the Mid Tunnel - Rocker Panel Stringer on a line that is just aft of the rear view mirror.

2. Center and place the jack lifting plate on this triangular steel plate. DO NOT place any part of it on the rocker panel or the floor board.

I will be installing new rotors tomorrow and plan to use the method above. Is it okay to have one side of the car up in air while I swap the rotors? I'm worried about flexing the frame or cracking the body.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I don't know how many of you have jacked your Z,but I put a jack under one side in the rear and the whole rear lifted evenly.It is very hard to lift one side at a time.Jacking using the pucks,lifting one end at a time is the only way.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
run it up rhino ramps in the front, jack from the crossmember.....throw stands under the suspension...

jack from the rear crossmember and put stands under the rear suspension.....has always worked for me. be it the Z or my 5600 lb tahoe (of course the jack fits under teh tahoe in the front minus the ramps)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Team Naykid sidejacked all threee of their vettes last couple seasons. After talking with Fred Lux, Cindy's husb, and Naykid crew chief, I did the same, after many times running up the DIY wood ramps for f&r jacking. LOVE the side jacking, never a hiccup. Needless to say, i use jackstands for safety even if I',m only doing rotors and pads, i.e., not my whole body under the car.

·
Registered
289 Posts
undertaker said:
run it up rhino ramps in the front, jack from the crossmember.....throw stands under the suspension...

jack from the rear crossmember and put stands under the rear suspension.....has always worked for me. be it the Z or my 5600 lb tahoe (of course the jack fits under teh tahoe in the front minus the ramps)
:thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
undertaker said:

Time to go out and buy some ramps.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
SexyLex said:
I will be installing new rotors tomorrow and plan to use the method above. Is it okay to have one side of the car up in air while I swap the rotors? I'm worried about flexing the frame or cracking the body.
If you follow DJ's suggestion, you won't have an issue. You'll be fine! :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts