Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the best mods I've ever done (especially for night driving) is on my past two Chevy/GMC trucks. When you flip the highbeams on, the lowbeams turn off. Painless Wiring, Summit, etc make a relay kit that keeps the lowbeams on when the highbeams turn on, so all 4 lights are on at once.

The C5/Z06 is no different, except the lighting is HORRIBLE to begin with and the high beams alone are even worse. Now with the flash to pass and the push foward for high beams, can I do a similar relay mod?

I am putting a set of 5,000K HID's into the Z06 and some Piaa 9006 ultrawhite highbeams for great light (same setup as my '02 GMC truck which ROCKS!!!)

Can I just wire up a relay correctly using the high beam wire (t-tap into it) to "trigger" the relay, and then the ouput of the relay to the lowbeam wire to power the low beams when the high beams are on?

The ultra technical nature of the C5 wiring harness has me worried about tapping wires and testing with a voltage meter and such.

Has anyone done this, or can anyone provide me with any advice?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has done this? Major improvements can be had...

Just try it at night. Hold the left hand stalk back and all 4 lights are on, push it foward and only the high beams are there...

Made a huge improvement in my trucks...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great tip, I use that function all the time :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Keith (don't know his username) did it with his C5R lights, so it can be done...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts