Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question......What is Zaino.....

And judging from you guy's discussion of it, it must be THE product.....
I, like others, got my "06, from the dealer with a lot of "Swirl", marks on the finish........I want them G_O_N_E.......
Recomendations on where to buy?

Muchas Gracias!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Try it .. you'll like it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Zaino is a synthetic polish that has a great shine and will last for 4-6 months, it is easy to use as well. Read the Zaino web site and if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I understand your frustration. When I picked up my z06 from the dealership it was raining. So, it looked all nice and pretty. When I got home, and it had time to dry I could see that some ham-fisted make-ready guys had taken a buffer to my car. There are swirl marks on one side of the front bumper cover, and also on one quarter. It does not appear to be repair work, but it is quite annoying.

So, how to fix it. Yes, you can wax it, and you might no see it, but it is still there. Swirl marks are mad becasue there are really fine abrasions in the finish. To polish them out you need something with some abrasive properties.

My favorite product for removing swirl marks is 3M Finesse-It, followed up by 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Both of these products are avaliable at and automotive paint store, as they are considered professional grade products.

I use an orbital poilsher (9" Sears Craftsmen - the 11" is too big) The Finesse-It works better if you use a machine to apply it. I work the stuff in (with decent pressure) until it starts to dry up You don't have to worry with an orbital polisher unlike a rotary polisher which will burn through the paint of you aren't careful.

One the Finesse-It is finished, I wipe it all off with a clean towel and apply the hand glaze. As it imples you put it on by hand rather by machine. But the orbital polisher is much more consistent than my hand so I change bonnets, and apply with it.

Once that is done you will notice a much deeper wtter look to your paint. Now, don't leave it at this point. This is what most paint and body shops do right before they give you your car. These are the last two steps your perform after color sanding and buffing a new paint job.

Now, use whatever wax you want to seal in the hand glaze. Be it Zaino, Zymol, or Mr. Zog's Hand glaze will wash off if you don't put wax on it.

This was what I did when I used to show cars. In fact, I am planning on doing it to my '02 in the near future. But, whn I really detail my car it usually takes all day long.

But anyhow, I have never seen anything take out scratches or swirl marks without some polishing of your own. Now, if you put something over the scratch to fill in the low spot, optically it will disappear. But if you polish it out, its gone for good.

Here is a link to the 3M website which covers all their machine and hand applied polishes.

http://products.mmm.com/us/auto_mar...l?powurl=GS98DLQLRZgeGSLPLPKL4XgeGST1T4S9TCgv

·
Registered
298 Posts
hcvone:

Do you have a shop in Huntingdon Valley? My office is located in King of Prussia about 25-30 miles west of you (I think). I am just about ready to get some more Zaino goodies and I am dying to see another Z in the Philly area. I saw a Quicksilver Z on I76 the other day but lost him in rush hour traffic.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Paul

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Paul, I am 10 minutes off the Pa Turnpike at Exit 27 Willow Grove, I sell from my home being that I am retired, you are welcome to come by anytime, my number is 215-938-0991, call and I can give you directions. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great! Thanks for the info. I'll try to set aside some time during one of the next few weeks to stop on in.

Looking forward to it!

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts