Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the rk sport hood on my car (see sig). After about a month after I had it painted and put on, I started to notice bubbles and spots where the paint was starting to sink.
My painter tells my "all figerglass does this and nothing can be done, but to do it over and over again". Does anyone have the same problem or am i getting jerked around? :mah:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
the hood is made of fiberglass?

I know fiberglass on older vettes is very tricky to pain, prep is everything. I had my 72 painted twice until they got it right, because it will bubble if not done right

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the hood is fiberglass. I just dont see how so many people have these hoods and would have to paint them over and over i mean this would have to be done 3-4 times a year with the time it took for mine.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
since it IS fiberglass you gotta really shop around for the best prep/paint guy-when I had my stingray painted I went to a shop that painted a lotta glass and knew what they were doing. I really think it's all in the prep with fiberglass

my 72 looks as perfect as the day it was painted 8 yrs ago, not a SINGLE bubble on it, only 2 very slight web cracks and only I know where they are haha.

maybe talk to the local vette club and see where other folks have gone-good luck!

here's my 72-just sold it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts