Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about lowering the Zee in the DIY on this site (on the stock springs and without cutting anything), and I noticed it says turn the bolt until 2 threads are showing on the top -- is that the max it can be lowered, or can u turn it until you don't see any thread on the top of the bolt? I want to lower it the max it can possibly go. Is it 1" F&R, or 1.25"??

Also, have any of you had any problems after lowering it to the max on the stock springs?? I read a lot of mixed posts about "bottoming out" on the spring after it's lowered -- some say they do, others say they've never had a problem.

Thanks guys.. :thumb:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
There's a lot of misinformation about lowering, and other mods, but from my personal experience, I only got about 3/4" by going the max on the bolts. That's no threads. I've since cut the front bushings off down to the metal part, and I don't have any problems with "bottoming", just, as one would expect, less overall ground clearance. A total of about 1.25" in the front, with 3/4" in the back leaves the car with a slight rake, and a nice stance, without being too low to clear normal driveways.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Rocket,
Before you do anything take measurements of all 4 corners from the ground to the fender lip. Write them down.
Then we can help from there.
The 2 threads showing idea is not the ideal way to do it.
GM recommends turning the bolts an equal amount side to side. You could end up with 2 threads showing on one side and 4 threads showing on the other side.
Lots of misinformation on the subject as said before.
Plan on a wheel alignment after you are happy with the height.
Dave

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have my exact measurements that i got on my particular car at home. i just lowered it all the way on stock bolts about 3 weeks ago. i believe i saw about 1.5 inch drop on both fronts and about 1 or 1.125 on the rear. all i have noticed is dragging on a couple places i didn't before, but no big deal. just be careful over humps and inclines. i LOVE the look, got rid of some of the 4 X 4 appearance. my front pass. fender did not lower as much as the driver and has about an extra 1/4 inch gap in the wheel well. it annoyed me the first week, but i hardly even notice anymore. let me know, i can get you my exact measurements when i get home.

·
Registered
709 Posts
allaboutdaZ said:
did u have to get it aligned?
Drive it for a week or so to settle, then get it aligned.

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts