Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Vette Friends :usa:

i have a Hurst Shifter in my beloved Z06 and i am a happy camper with it. The proplem is the shiftknob, its a aftermarket knob with this "cheap" plastic fit on all shifter crap! :mah:
Reason why i put it on??? My lovely girlfriend gave it to me as a gift :yeadog:

Ok no the time has come, the knob is turning on the shifter and "unluckly" i have to replace it! :p

My first choice is the MGW Pistol Grip Knob, i just love the look :D
2 questions:
1. On the installing of the Hurst Shifter my fu**ing deamon or daemon or whatever its called key broke! :cry: Do i need the original D-Key to install the MGW Knob or is something included???

2. Can i put the MGW Knob on a Hurst shifter, what do i need to do??? :blush:

Thanks for any help in advance, i wish every one a safe driving season :z:

Regards
Daniel

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Demon Key not needed on the MGW and it will fit on the Hurst. :z:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
SexyLex said:
I didnt think it was that short, looks good. Any noise/rattle w/ the hurst?
One way to get rid of the rattle that ANY shifter causes is to simply wrap some 0.25" hard rubber tubing - about 2" in length - around the steel shifter shaft and wrap electrical tape around the tubing. I have a B&M ripper and the rubber tubing works great. About $5.00 at Home Depot including the tape... Easiest and cheapest mod.

·
Registered
551 Posts
IT L GO said:
Demon Key not needed on the MGW and it will fit on the Hurst. :z:
Confirmed. I have both.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I tried all the fixes for the Hurst rattle and non eliminated it as much as the MGW did. When you think about it a heavy knob wrapped in rubber makes sense.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
McDaniel,

I just got my MGW Pistol Grip about three weeks ago. I wish I bought this shift knob first. I love this thing! The car is fun to drive again. You CAN NOT go wrong with MGW! This has to be the best shift knob available for 'Vettes.

Alex :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
McDaniel,

I just got my MGW Pistol Grip about three weeks ago. I wish I bought this shift knob first. I love this thing! The car is fun to drive again. You CAN NOT go wrong with MGW! This has to be the best shift knob available for 'Vettes.

Alex :cheers:

I agree...I have a MGW shift knob and I love it. :coo:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts