Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had three vettes. 1970 / 2 1978's and the last one I bought for my fiftieth Bday is my 2002 z06 which I bought new at a new car show in SLC.

My question is I have noticed that some of the side panels of the 2002 cars have a raised stripe about 2" wide along the sides and some don't. Mine does not. Does anyone know what the difference is? Or what I am talking about for that matter?

Thanks......SLC Gramps

BTW The only problem I have had is the HUD went out at about 13,000 miles. This also caused the gas guage to be inaccurate.I had it replaced under warranty and have had no other problems since. 28,000 miles. I may have caused that as I was wiggling the key a little during a drive and the car shut off and on.I don't really care for the 1st to 4th shift.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Well, Gramps ... let me be first to welcome you to :z:
Since I'm 10 years older than you, I'll quickly share what little knowledge I have ... before I forget! :eek::
Strips are Body Side Moldings, and were an option ... some got'em, some not, some that got'em removed them for a cleaner look. I kept mine because DJWorm says they stabilize the car above 160 ... :crazy: ... I haven't confirmed that yet ... :sneaky:
The HUD and gas gauge may be connected problems ... or not ... the in-tank sensor can get dirty from "bad gas" ... some have fixed an erratic gauge problem by adding Chevron Techron or changing gas used or both ... :idea:
You can disable the 1-4 CAGS (computer-assisted gear selection), which is a gas mileage enabler. You can buy a shunt kit for about $20. from several vendors, or make your own with a Radio Shack resistor of an ohm rating I don't remember ... :eek::
Or ... you can use a heavy throttle foot ... that overrides it too! :sneaky:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts