Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this might sound like an idiot question but I was wondering how I can buy a B&B Twin Tip Bullet Exhaust system from CorvetteGarage.com for $530, when from the B&B website its $700!?

I;ve heard good things about CorvetteGarage.com I am just worried about not getting my product (ive been screwed in the past in online ordering from amazon) I ordered it Sunday with the $80 2-day Air shipping upgrade. I know its only wednesday now, but... I also called them and said the "parts" will ship no later than Friday. That mean Ill get it for SURE by Monday?

Sorry I'm just really excited about it. Im getting :puke: from the anticipation! :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have ordered several items from Nate, great guy and great customer service. He even shipped items to me in the UK without a problem.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
MelbaToast454 said:
Hi, this might sound like an idiot question but I was wondering how I can buy a B&B Twin Tip Bullet Exhaust system from CorvetteGarage.com for $530, when from the B&B website its $700!?
This is not unique, it's common practice amongst most that utilize a distribution network of retailers to distribute their wares to the marketplace. The manufacturer must protect its sales & distribution channels (the retailers) thus they will not advertise nor sell their product to the consumer at anything but MSRP. Imagine if the manufacturer were to get into a price war with its retailers... who do you think would win that one? As it is, the retailers are typically free to price it as they please and Economics101 will handle the rest in most situations.

In some cases such as higher end products or those manufacturers who elect to maintain a price point, they will dictate to their retailers a minimun retail price in an effort to "protect the brand" more accurately the prestige of the brand.

I haven't done biz with Nate but he seems to have a loyal following here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks he seems like a good guy to do business with. I guess I got a little :mad: when I called B&B about my order. They were kinda rude. All I can say is this is the LAST time I spend an extra $80 shipping, cause obviously it makes no difference. oh well prob get it monday. its just that my sister is getting married Saturday and they wanted to drive off in the vette (still will) but I kinda wanted to suprise them with a loud ROAR. :) thanks guys

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Nothing but 1st rate service from Nate, and he'll ship to Germany for me. :jammin:

Just wish I had a load more money to send him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not blaming this on Nate at all. I talked to B&B. I ordered Sunday and its Friday now and I bought 2-day air.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
MelbaToast454 said:
im not blaming this on Nate at all. I talked to B&B. I ordered Sunday and its Friday now and I bought 2-day air.
Knowing Nate, I bet he will make it up to you. :z:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I have bought numerous items from Nate, including my header
system. Never a problem, orders arrived in a timely manner, great pricing, and he is quite accessable by phone or email.
Order with confidence! :yeadog:

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts