Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was removing the handsfree cellphone piece that was installed in my z06 that I just bought used. And found a small electronic component under the passenger floor panel (where the fuse panel is) called "Autotrax". This car was supposedly never raced any idea what this thing is? Is it stock? I assume its for tracking laps or something but I"ve never heard of this. Hmm...I'll cross my fingers and hope this car wasn't beat to snot. : )

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I had something called a Laptrax hooked to the BCM on my 02 Z06. It is a unit that allows you to put your car in any of the three driving modes automatically when you fire the car. In other words, you can have it set to go into competition mode automatically after you fire it up. I loved mine. Then I sold it and now I need another one. hahaa

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha that is what it is called laptrax. And I thought the car "stock" stayed in competition mode. Sweet now I know what it is. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
thefritz1 said:
Aha that is what it is called laptrax. And I thought the car "stock" stayed in competition mode. Sweet now I know what it is. Thanks guys!
Those controllers are the bomb.

Yea, in stock mode, the car starts with active handling and traction control enabled. You have to push the button and hold it for 5 seconds to allow it to go into competition mode.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd like to know where I can purchase one to....

Any chance for a pm??

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
need a pm too Norm

Joe

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
after posting i kinda thought... maybe the reason is because of the tight rules on vendors here and such and that my post might get erased. oh well. innocent attempt to help a brutha if that's the case.

anyways... we all know it's called 'laptrax.' gotta love google ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts