Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets suppose for a moment that you were looking at getting another corvette....a C5 to be more specific, and you budget was 35Gs. Would you A. go out and find the nicest, cleanest, lowest milage Z06 you could find and be happy with your bone stock Z06 or would you B. go out and find a nice ,clean, well cared for 99-2000 FRC for 26-28 thousand and spend the other 7-9 thousand on heads, cam, wheels, tires, etc....????? Please keep in mind, that choice C, which I know many of you are thinking, is not an option. (Choice C being to buy that Z06 for 35 and continue to mod it.....thats exactly what I did the first time around and thats exactly why I had to sell it...my credit card bill with all the mods on it got to be more expensive than the car payment). Any and all input is much appriciated

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Hey Navy,
35K and you can have mine and I'll fly you out here to drive it back!! Only 4K since H/C!!

Ken

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kens06 said:
Hey Navy,
35K and you can have mine and I'll fly you out here to drive it back!! Only 4K since H/C!!

Ken

Belive me, Id like to get on a plane right now, unfortunately, Im still probably 8-10 months out from being able to afford another one....it was just something I was thinking about as I was putting home from work this afternoon in this god-forsaken dodge ram......

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carzzy said:
I would go with A.
hey crazzy....how the weather up there....I went to the U of R....fortunately, the Navy only flys out of warm climates, so I havent experience the joy that is Rochester winters in two years.

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
FLYNAVY30 said:
Belive me, Id like to get on a plane right now, unfortunately, Im still probably 8-10 months out from being able to afford another one....it was just something I was thinking about as I was putting home from work this afternoon in this god-forsaken dodge ram......
Don't worry Bro!!
I'm not letting this one go to some underserving yokel!!
I'm waiting for the 07 Z. Maybe we can talk then or when you are ready!!

Ken

·
Registered
27 Posts
You really can't go wrong with a Z06 that's stock. It's an instant race car in a box. Just unwrap it and go. If you have the extra cash to mod it, then it's just bonus after that. If you can wait until the 06 z06 comes out then you can probably even save a couple of more bucks on a c5 z06, and that would be even more bonus.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Z06

·
21,378 Posts
Well. I'm going to go against the grain a bit. I would probably go with 'B' because number 1, the FRC looks just as nice as a Z and number 2, with the mods you can have a car with attitude. If you don't track the car then the minor differences in handling won't be an issue. Get a H/C package and some nice wheels and your set! :D

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I lean towards a good low mile used Z06 has it has many improvements over a FRC that would be cost prohibitive to do yourself. But, I don't see a big difference between the two and it may come down to finding the right car that you feel comfortable with.
:cheers:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I say B. I did A and a buddy of mine did option B. At the track we run the same times(we both have mods) and he was able to buy some rims. A few mods on option B and you are set.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Choice A hands down.....that's what I did and I'm just slowly modding it to my liking. Eventually I'll have a nice H/C setup within the next 1-2 years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If I were you I'd go with B because of what you have already stated.....
FLYNAVY30 said:
thats exactly what I did the first time around and thats exactly why I had to sell it...my credit card bill with all the mods on it got to be more expensive than the car payment).
It sounds like you've gotten bit by the "bug" BAD. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds to me like you wouldn't be satisfied with plan "A". So buy a cherry FRC for around 26 to 27G's and put the money in mods. Remember from your past experience that the money return on Mods when you sell is next to nothing. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
get the LS6. eventually it will be older and then you will want to mod it. For now, you'll be happy with the stock Z06.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts