Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a HID kit now that has the 9006 bulbs and well i am thinking about changing out my lenses to european glass ones and just wanted to know if i have to use some other kit or can i use my existing bulbs with these new lenses?

·
Registered
881 Posts
The Euro lamp assembly uses the H4 which is a completely different light and not interchangeable with the 9006 at all. Also, the Euro assembly is a single reflector and the H4 has separate high and low beam filaments. A lot of guys have gone to HID projectors with low beams only and said there is no need for high beams. I think there is no substitute for directed high beams when you want to go fast on the open road at night. All in all the Euros with the high-wattage H4s are pretty good. HTH

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Just an FYI -- the glass housing is not necsarily any better then the plastic one. What is needed is a clear lexan housing and some prjectors to focus the HIDs.

I have H4 HIDs and Euro lenses, love them over stock, but they are definately not as focused as an HID with projectors.

-N

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I have the euro lenses and high watt PIAA H4 bulbs and I am very satisfied with them. The beam control with the euro glass lenses is far superior than the stock plastic ones. The HID setup is better but not at the price that is asked for them. I got mine from forum vendor pfyc.com.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so does any one know if i can buy replacement bulbs for my system that fit the H4 system rather then the 9006? and keep my current ignitor and blaster?

·
Registered
881 Posts
MrKool said:
so does any one know if i can buy replacement bulbs for my system that fit the H4 system rather then the 9006? and keep my current ignitor and blaster?
I don't know, but what you need to do is contact the place you bought your 9006 and find out if they also have a system for the H4. If so, ask them to check whether the wiring harness connection to the bulb is the same. If it is, then I think you could simply purcase a set of H4 HID bulbs and leave everything else as-is. But, that is all just my guess so make sure you can verify this with the dealer or manufacturer of the HID system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts