Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the search function and couldn't find the answer to this question, as I'm sure it's been asked: About how long did it take to do the paperwork(pay for the car) after the car was built?
I did find that it's about 3-4 weeks after the build date your car is available for pickup. Does that sound right?

Thanks!

Ted

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Again, we are in the same boat as we have the same TPW.
I talked to my dealer and he said that the paperwork is completed before going to get the car. I want to take advantage of the new low financing, and he says it shouldn't be a problem.
After they build the car, they will (I guess within a week or so, tops) release the invoice of the car to the dealer so that the paperwork can be completed. Then you buy the car (doing the paperwork consitutes taking delivery is what I was told) and we should get the low rates.
In the meantime, the wait to get it is supposed to be about 2-3 weeks depending on the line to pick up cars at the museum and scheduling matters (on your side as well).
All in all, I am hoping to be cruising not long after Halloween.

It is all coming to an end. Finally. Everyone says the wait is worth it, and I know they will be right.

chris

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
cyaford said:
I used the search function and couldn't find the answer to this question, as I'm sure it's been asked: About how long did it take to do the paperwork(pay for the car) after the car was built?
I did find that it's about 3-4 weeks after the build date your car is available for pickup. Does that sound right?

Thanks!

Ted
The sale on an R8C delivery is complete the day the dealer receives your payment, but in advance of going to the Museum to get the car. The Museum generally want three weeks minimum after the car is built before scheduling delivery. Once the car is built, the dealer receives the VIN and the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. At that time they can legally close the deal with you even if you won't actually pick the car up until later.

My build date was 8/23, Sales date 9/4, Museum delivery date 9/19.

Z06Y Lady :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
cyaford...i actually did my paperwork the week prior to picking up the car. my dealer (bob benedix :) ) fed-ex'd the necessary papers for me to sign, then i just fed-ex'd them back (along with a big check!) and i was ready to go.

you'll need a temp tag, bill of sale, proof of insurance, and a valid DL to take with to BG to pick up your car.

i thought it was much easier than the traditional means. i didn't even have to step foot on a dealers floor. it was quick and easy!

good luck!

-jason

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Chris. Scheduling on my side will NOT be a problem. Hell, if I have to, I'll walk the 80 miles north. The people at work think I'm nuts. I told them that I may need 2 days off on short notice and when I told them why, they laughed. That's OK, because I'm sure I'll be having the last laugh, especially if I ever pull up next to one of them on a sunny day. :D

I looked at your location and I'm guessing your not a big OU fan, are you? :p
After the game with K-State, I don't like our chances with UT this weekend. Oh well, they pulled some games out of there a$$es last year, so hopefully they can do it again. Take care!

Ted

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got the same tpw as you and I am doing NCM...my dealer says wants he gets a vin, we can do the financing...we will see...i also think gm will extend the offer

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all very much for the replies. I just wanted to be sure I would get in on the low rates. I'm sure the weeks will crawl by now. :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
My EBZ06 was built the first week of September and they gave me a window of 9/26 to10/10.I will be picking up the car at the museum Monday(10/8).Will pay for the car tomorrow(got 0% for 36 mo).You must have the car insured from the date you complete your paperwork from the dealer,thats when the car is considered yours.Will be flying into Nashville on Sunday afternoon for our 8am Monday delivery.Watch those webcams for the Z06vette.com banner.
Thanks Ray T
East Meadow NY
New York Plate
405HPZ06:guiness:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Guys, a few more things to do BEFORE delivery day:
Request Adam boca to do the delivery. If Adam's not available, request Karen.

Once you know your delivery day, put the info in the calendar so we can try and capture the webcam images.

Show the banner!

R8C is fantastic !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts