Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some clarification on black rims. I really want some black Z06 rims, but I heard that some of them weigh a lot more than the stock rims.
Does anyone sell a black rim that weighs the same or less? (Painting/powder coating mine is not an option)

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I bought a set off a 2002 then had them stripped then powdercoated they weighed the same as they did stock they coated them black and clearcoated them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Kinyu said:
I need some clarification on black rims. I really want some black Z06 rims, but I heard that some of them weigh a lot more than the stock rims.
Does anyone sell a black rim that weighs the same or less? (Painting/powder coating mine is not an option)

Thanks everyone.
Shameless-- I will sell you my '01 stock rims that are painted black for $500. They have a little track rash but not too bad. Includes black center caps. I'll get a picture to you if you would like. Steve.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Kinyu said:

Thanks everyone.
The stock wheels painted aren't any heavier than the stock wheels. ;) It's just the reproduction Z06 wheels and wheels like the Motorsports. It's cheaper to make a heavier wheels and since most people buy the wheels for the "bling" factor, they probably don't care.

Sal

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have chrome wheels on my Z. I was wondering how you can tell if they are OEM's chromed, or reproductions that are chromed. And what is the weight difference?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts