Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Would you go after an '08 Z06 with warranty, or an '09 with half the miles and no warranty?

• '09 For sure ... more oil capacity and better ABS!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at two local cars - an '08 with 20k miles and a lifetime powertrain warranty, and an '09 with half the miles, but no warranty. Both are red, and 2LZ cars. Price is $5k different. Which one would you all lean toward if it is just a weekend "fun" car for auto-x and HDPE days? I generally don't drive my track oriented cars more than 2-3k miles per year.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Depending on how long you think you might keep the car, I’d go with the lifetime power train warranty. You didn’t say which was the less expensive but a failure in the drive train can easily exceed 5K if that is the one without warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I never heard of any company offering a lifetime power train warranty on an LS7. I would get a copy of that warranty and read every word of it. Does it apply to all subsequent owners? Transferable? Deductible? Does it cover parts and labor? Etc. If it doesn't make sense have someone review it.

I'll take a giant leap here and guess that the warranty is not what you think it is. And based on that I would buy the newer '09 (improved vs 08's) and have only 10,000 miles vs 20k miles PLUS keep the extra $5,000 for repairs which you probably wont wind up spending.

Let us know how you make out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts