Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I are going to install our CLB tomorrow but have a question on how it will affect or be affected by having the recall flash done. He's taking his car in next week to the dealer to get his DIC fixed and they told him they will do the recall computer flash regardless of whether he wants it done or not. He was told they have to do it by law.

I've read somewhere that we need to put the CLB in prior to this flash. Is this true? If he has the CLB in and the dealer flashes the computer will that mess up the CLB? Should we put it in after the recall work is done? Enquiring minds want to know...

TIA

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO put the CLB in after the recall :cheers:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The recall only programs the PCM to shut the engine off if the column locks, it will not effect the bypass.
It also does not prevent the column from locking.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
You do not have to have the recall done. The dealer I went to said the same thing. Told him no way and that was that. Install the by pass and be done.

·
Registered
289 Posts
once the recall is done...it makes no sense to install bypass...because fuel will still be cut off even if column does not physically lock up due to bypass install.. i.e...you'll still be stranded!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts