Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a set or tires for my 02 Z06 and I am looking at the KUMHO, for those that are using them, which ones are being used for the stock replacement?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
mountainbiker2 said:
I'm running 295/35/18 rear. 285/40/17 front. No issues. Great tire for road racing. As far as street tires go.

Steve
What's the treadwear? I am considering Michelin PS Cups or PS 2s as my next set of tires but would like to look at all the high-performance alternatives. The lower the treadwear the better...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
275/40/17 front, 295/35/18 rear. I am very happy with them. They hooked up very well for my first autocross. I have about 7k miles on them with only some inside wear on the fronts. I expect I will buy them again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ScDFACHE said:
What's the treadwear? I am considering Michelin PS Cups or PS 2s as my next set of tires but would like to look at all the high-performance alternatives. The lower the treadwear the better...
Kumho mx are 220 treadwear.
Just put on Toyo RA1 and so far they feel great. I think you will pick up 2 to 4 mph faster around corners. Treadwear for these are 100. If they wear out to fast, I'm going back to Kumho mx.

Steve

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
mountainbiker2 said:
Kumho mx are 220 treadwear.
Just put on Toyo RA1 and so far they feel great. I think you will pick up 2 to 4 mph faster around corners. Treadwear for these are 100. If they wear out to fast, I'm going back to Kumho mx.

Steve
Steve,
I've read good things about the Toyo RA1, but have never used them. With a tread wear rating of 100, they slot in nicely between the 160-220 of the typical high performance street tire, and the 20-40 of the "R" compound DOT race tires such as the Kumho V710, Goodyear GS-CS and Hoosier R3S04s. I'd be highly surprised if they last as long as the Kumho's.

I've got the Kumho Ecsta MX 275/40-17 front, and stock rears on my stock wheels and have run them on the track several times with good results (including a rain win in 2003). They are a good lower cost alternative to the Goodyear F1SC. :cheers:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was able to get Toyo-T1s for about the same price. 280 AA A but supposed to very good in the rain. Only got the fronts so I can't tell to much but they are quieter. :guiness:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have 18's front/rear. They are great tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts