Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying drag tires. I am going to get either Nittos or BFGs. If possible, the hot setup looks like 315/35-17s. I would get lighter weight of both tire and wheel compared to stock 18" F1s and a tad smaller diameter for more torque multiplication and also a more flexible sidewall than with 18s.

So, my question is whether I can run my extra pair of OEM 17" Z06 rims on the back and fit them with 315/35-17s? I have the stock rear brakes. I will only run these at the drag strip.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you are drag-only go with either the BFG or MT ET Street Radial. Nittos are excellent "dual-use" tires, but they are not going hook as well as either the BFG or MT. Will a 315 fit on a OEM rim? It would be very close. They are about 2" wider than the stock tire, and low profile. I'd opt for a narrower tire that is stickier first.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
McRat said:
If you are drag-only go with either the BFG or MT ET Street Radial. Nittos are excellent "dual-use" tires, but they are not going hook as well as either the BFG or MT. Will a 315 fit on a OEM rim? It would be very close. They are about 2" wider than the stock tire, and low profile. I'd opt for a narrower tire that is stickier first.
Thanks: I can look at narrower tires for sure. Is it true that I can use the OEM 17" fronts on the back of my car?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
RalphP said:
Thanks: I can look at narrower tires for sure. Is it true that I can use the OEM 17" fronts on the back of my car?
Yes you can :cheers:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kat said:
Yes you can :cheers:
Alright!!!

Thanks Kat. I'm getting 3:90s and a hardened output shaft next week. I have been reading your experiences with gears with interest as well. Jim Lembo says you hammer on your car real good!! :D

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
RalphP said:
Thanks Kat. I'm getting 3:90s and a hardened output shaft next week. I have been reading your experiences with gears with interest as well. Jim Lembo says you hammer on your car real good!! :D

I would also pick up a diff brace since your doing the swap for some added insurance :thumb:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dr.Ron said:
315's on 17x9.5 is not ideal. You won't be fully taking advantage of the tires width, so you may as well get a narrower tire or a wider rim for the 315's. I ran them on 11" rims...
Thanks for the advice Ron. Awesome times, BTW. I wish I could drive like that! I just can't get a decent 60' time. My best so far is 2.1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts