Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum, and Z06s in general and just had a few questions. I would like to know what would be a good price for an '03/'04 Z06 with low miles(20,000 or less)? Since I would be buying it used what kind of things should I look for? Are there a few problems common to Z06's? (I know with my Z28 window motors fail left and right!) Should I have someone at a Chevy dealership or someone who knows more about Z06 take a look at it or would some like myself be able to identify potential problems? And any other information that you have about your vette purchase please let me know!
Thanks a lot for your help!
James

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hey James,

We have had a 1998 Z28 and have a 2000 at present and we have had 00 frc and 02 z06 vettes....

A low mileage car should come in at 35 K or less depending on year. we looked at an 02 with 7 k miles in new orleans last year...clean car for 32 K last year. All vettes are prone to window motor trouble, column lock and leaks along the rear deck lid where the FRC top seals to body. There is a plastic fascia that covers the area where the rear seal leaks and can funnel water down into wheel wells....the simple fix is to silicone the leaking areas yourself...

I would advise you to find someone knowledgeable with vettes to eval the car and at least have a reputable insurance adjuster look at the car. Especially the frame...there are plenty of rebuilds out there. A high end car that totals can be rebuilt and sent across state lines to clear a title ...be carefull. It is difficult to buy any used car...

If you have any specific questions PM me...My hubby was an allstate adjuster and he has 20 years plus experience in the car industry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to the top

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Welcome to :z:
Good advice from Kaya.
Z owners in the Houston area might help you out. :idea:
FWIW ... Most folks here don't use "someone at a Chevy dealership" to check out a Z unless a personal relationship exists with a reputable mechanic. Use a Z)6 owner with some cred or a specialty shop in the area that works on Z's. HTH
Good luck ... and be patient... :jammin:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Post what you are looking for in the forum maybe someone has exactly what you want in your area. Study the forums on corvettes and get a feel for pricing. Go drive a Z06 so you know what they feel and sound like. Learn about modifications people do to Z06's so that you understand what you are buying if it is modded. Take your time and make a good decision. Buy in the winter and sell in the summer! :guiness:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts