Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, while sitting in traffic the other day my coolant temp just kept hanging around 221 degrees and got as a high as 230 before I cycled the heater on. I checked the coolant and the water level and everything seemed to check out.
Question: Is this normal? Outside temp was 75degrees (it was at night). I am currently cleaning my K&N filter just to be sure it wasn't blocked. What is the benefit of installing a lower temp thermostat and will it affect the warranty? I will be moving from Houston, TX to Laramie, WY at the end of November if that affects anything...other than freezin' my netherregions.

Second, The door locks on the car are acting funny. When I pull the key the drivers door doesn't unlock, only the passenger door unlocks. I toggled through the options and reset it to unlock both. It works a couple of times and then it goes back to only the passenger side. Also, my keyless entry fob is sending the signal to unlock the car, but the driver side doesn't unlock unless I lock it then unlock it again. Is this something I am doing or not doing?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Temp readings sound normal. I installed a 172/178 thermostat and Vinci Fan controller. Works great, too good as a matter of fact. I had to put the stock thermo back in because at night/early morning when the temp is in the low 60's the car would run at 165 degrees. In traffic it would not go above 195 degrees. I have the fans set around 200 degrees so even with stock thermo the car will not go above 208 degrees.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fan Controller?

Vinci Fan controller...could you give me details? Where to get? How much $? Is there a manual switch or just adjusts the temp the fan comes on automatically? Difficulty of Install?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Cleaning the filter is always a good thing, but have you checked the front of the radiator? This time of year a lot of leaves get hoovered into the intake.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks MARZO6.:cheers:

I will look into the fan controller.

The filter and the radiator were not blocked (both nearly new lookin'). I cleaned the filter anyhow. This morning, it never got over 200 degrees, but it wasn't just sitting in traffic either. I am thinking...that I was worrying over nothing and sitting in traffic was the culprit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts