Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have new '02 Z06. Just getting familar with shifting. For maximum acceleration from stop, what rpm is recommended for launch. Also what rpm & corresponding speed would you shift to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hope you are enjoying your new Z06. I vary my take off RPM's depending with the surface. I range from 2500 to 3500. I am going for that slight amount of tire spin then to the floor. As far as shifting points, I have a 01 and I do not know if the rev. limit is set the same. Regardless, I shift right before the rev. limit activates. The way I originally tested mine was by going to an open road putting it in second gear and see when RPM's go into the rev. limit (aprox. 65 mph). The shift from first to second is way fast. I do it by feel. As far as speed from gear to gear, I have not paid much attention to that. I am to concerned with driving and monitoring the RPM's. Also, I run with the traction control off. I hope this helps. As an added thought, the First to second and second to third can result with a lot of power to the ground. It can get away from you real easy. Have fun and be carefull. It's a beast.

JOSE:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts