Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference? I have to make a color choice on my 02 soon and I have not seen Quicksilver in the flesh. Any side by side pics available?

Black is out...perhaps you guys remember my tirades about the 01? EB MY Torch...too bright for my tastes. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Electron blue is for you /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Your Notzie cruiser is silver right?

**FOR SALE** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **FOR SALE**
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
I never cared for any silver cars. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif To tell the truth, I hated the color of my QS Z06 with the gray wheels. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif I even thought about having it repainted Admiral Blue. But when I got my chromies, the Z developed a whole new attitude. I'm in love with QS!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Good question. I believe QS is a lighter shade of silver than the Sebring, but I'm speculating. I like all "silvers" and recently changed my car on order to this color too. To me, a silver never looks dirty, and distances itself somewhat from common problems with painted fiberglass surfaces (eg, "orange peel"). Looks more like a car made of all aluminum, and IMO the best color to convey high performance, not just only "show", but more "go".

I'm keeping the red seats though. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I have another silver already in my garage, and soon they'll be two. Can you blame me? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://www.zr1.net/gifs/dennisd.gif

P.S. Frank, it's mostly because of the pics of yours that convinced me to go with the silver. The one you posted above is especially nice eye candy. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On 2001-08-05 00:50, dsinned spewed forth this drivel:
Good question. I believe QS is a lighter shade of silver, but I'm speculating. I like both "silvers" and recently changed my car on order to this color. I'm keeping the red seats though. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I have another silver already in my garage, and soon they'll be two. Can you blame me?

http://www.zr1.net/gifs/dennisd.gif

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Nope...there's a car in that url?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Frank:
I never cared for any silver cars. To tell the truth, I hated the color of my QS Z06 with the gray wheels.
The question I have Frank - Why did you get it?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Zoomin, I think he answered that already, ie. after adding his chromies he fell in love with the QS. Look at the pic he posted and it's not hard to see why. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-05 15:37, Zoomin spewed forth this drivel:
The question I have Frank - Why did you get it?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

The dealership had already ordered 3 Z's on their first allocation. A Red, Black, and Quicksilver. Sherylann wanted the Black so that left the Silver and Red. So I took the Silver. After seeing the Red, I thought I had made a mistake. But I am happy as hell now.

I've already left orders for my dealership, when the C6 Z06 debutes, to let me order the color I want next time.

S

·
0 Posts
We love the silver color. When looking close it looks really deep with the sparkle of the metallic flakes!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts