Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This product is made by Protect-All, originally for RV's. A couple of ounces in a bucket of water is all it takes.... and NO HOSE IS REQUIRED. I use a chenile wash pad. Just dunk it in the bucket, wash, and dry off with a microfiber waffle weave. It is salvation for the black car owner!
Oh ya, when I'm done w/ the car, I use what's left to do my chromies.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Always looking for a better way to wash a black car.....are you saying you don't use any water other than what's in the bucket? How do you keep from scratching the car to he** without getting the road grit off?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparantly, it's the lubricity of this stuff.... if your car is muddy or *really* filthy, you should use a hose and regular car wash. But for normal washing of a well waxed car (for example, I wash my daily driver at least twice a week)
And yep, no rinsing is required! Sometimes I use two buckets, one to rinse the wash pad. Never scratch it, and mine's black. You can read a newspaper in the reflection too.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Where have you been getting it? I see you are in Columbus, I am in Lewis Center....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I haven't used the stuff before, but it sounds good. I have had excellent results on black using a good car wash (Adam's) and the grit guard from Adam's polishes which keeps the wash mit from contacting the bottom of the bucket where all the grit is at. Check them out at www.adamspolishes.com

Aloha, Dave

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have used QEW on my DD during the winter when it was not feasable to use a hose but am not comfortable enough with it yet to use it on my vette, atleast if it was real dirty. It is a nice product but think you need to be careful of how you use it. I prefer EFI-1's method of soap and water with a grit guard.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ya, if the car is really dirty, hose & bucket is the only way. But, I wash my car 2 - 3 times a week....

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I found out about this stuff, I owned a BLACK G35 Coupe. After reading all the rave reviews about it on autopia.org I decided to give it a try. Many of the serious professional detailers there make no reservations about using it on their clients' Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini, et al, so I figured why not give it a try on my Infiniti.

It has since become a permanent staple in my detailing supply. If the car is too dusty to Quick Detail, but not exactly dirty enough to drag out the house and make a mess, I just use this stuff. It didn't marr the finish on my black car, so I use it all the time on my MS Z06 and Midnight Blue Metallic GTO with no ill effects. A great way to wash the car in the winter months when it's too cold to use the hose!

·
Registered
97 Posts
rpallas said:
Where can I buy the Quick 'N Easy Wash? Thanks. :blush:

Bob
Go to protectall.com where you can either order it straight from them or do a search for a local distributor. Many RV stores carry ProtectAll products.

·
Registered
97 Posts
rpallas said:
04Z06,

Thanks!

Bob ;)
Glad I could help you out. If you have any questions about the usage of the E

·
Registered
97 Posts
rpallas said:
04Z06,

Thanks!

Bob ;)
Glad I could help you out. If you have any questions about the usage of the QEW (the acronym we dubbed for it at autopia) don't hesitate to ask.

I might add that it is usually best to follow your QEW session up with your favorite quick detail spray to restore gloss and slickness to the paint, as the QEW doesn't have the conditioners in it conventional washes do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts