Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone give me a definitive answer?

Will C5 Z06 wheels fit on the C6 Z06?

I have a set of dedicated track rims and tires that I'd like to hold on to if they'll fit on the new Z06. I know the bolt pattern is the same, but will they have the necessary clearance to fit the new brake calipers and assoc hardware.

I am aware of the C5 (17" Ft., 18" Rr.) - C6 (18" Ft., 19" Rr) difference.

It will be awhile before the R compounds are available in the 19" dia. and this approach may get the C6 on the track a bit sooner.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
351 Posts
PDXZed said:
Can anyone give me a definitive answer?

Will C5 Z06 wheels fit on the C6 Z06?

I have a set of dedicated track rims and tires that I'd like to hold on to if they'll fit on the new Z06. I know the bolt pattern is the same, but will they have the necessary clearance to fit the new brake calipers and assoc hardware.

Anyone know?
Since the C6Z has 18"/19" wheels, and really big brake rotors (especially in the front), the best you could do would be maybe to put the C5Z rear tires on the C6Z front. Leaves you two wheels short :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me clarify:

My dedicated track rim/tire combo is a factory set of C5 Z06 rims with Kumho 710's mounted. I'm wanting to hang onto to them if they'll fit the C6 Z06...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
IMO the C6 Z06 rims will not fit on the C5 because they are the wrong offset. Whether you can go the other way I don't know :eek:o:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts