Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's talk about rolling start technique (I dislike abusing my clutch unless necessary.) In my stock z06 , a 5-60 quick roll is more challenging to me than an all-out 0-60 launch. Trying to determine if this is the norm, or if driver mod/car setup attention is required...

If with a progressive squeeze of the throttle I'm lucky to have the pedal on the floor by ~4500 rpm without copious wheelsman... Does that sound about right, or should I be able to dip into full throttle sooner?

Conditions are 80 degs ambient and sunny, tires are Supercar F1s (not totally worn, but maybe 60% ) at 30psi.

Anyone want to share tips on the best way to scoot somewhat discretely away from traffic (or tell me there's something wrong with my car's setup?)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I too have the Goodyear F1's and it is a challenge for me to any traction in either 1st or 2nd gear. My tires have only 4300 miles on them, however I do run my tire pressure at 32, so that may be part of the problem. I think the best solution is going to be switching tires to the Michelin pilot super sports. I know they are not run flats but at this point I don't care. Usually you get a better tire overall, when you ditch the run flats, and I can't remember the last time I had a flat tire. If I could get a 285/18 front and 335-345/19 rear with the pilot's I would probably switch tires for the spring. I had my car out this past weekend it was 55ish and the lack of traction was very apparent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts