Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
nice green flag wreck sequence in T1
No such thing, Don.

I know almost all the guys involved. The Mustang is driven by Andy McDermit. Great guy, but this is not the first time he has been involved. He got into me at Gingerman last year.

The Corvette is Ryan Snodgrass. He runs with Scotty White and Cindi Lux from Washington state. He and I were gridded next to each other at the Run-Offs last year. He ran real clean at the start, but unfortunately was punted by the #57 during the second lap.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OHH

I didn't mean the wreck was nice....a shunt never is.

I just meant that sans video...it was a good picture sequence of the wreck. Nice job on the photog's part.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OHH

I didn't mean the wreck was nice....a shunt never is.

I just meant that sans video...it was a good picture sequence of the wreck. Nice job on the photog's part.

There's a couple of nice shots of Junior Johnson in his Orange Lotus Elise lifting some wheels off the ground in the NE Div section

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clarification- #57

Let me clarify Dave Pintaric's error regarding my contact with Ryan Snodgrass at the 2004 Runoffs.

I was directly behind Ryan going into the keyhole, and moving underneath him to outbrake him, when the infamous "air Robbins" incident (Jeff Robbins' Z06 got airborne and went over the top of Pete Looby's Z06) occured in front of Ryan.

Ryan hit his brakes earlier than normal as a reaction to the major incident in front of him. I had nowhere to go, tried going up over the high-curbing at the driver's right of the keyhole, and my left front hit Ryan's right rear, and spun Ryan around. I did not "punt" Ryan, and he was able to continue. I bent my LF rim, and had a slow air leak (12 psi left by the end of the race, so my race was hobbled).

Ryan and I unfortunately were part of the chain reaction of the incident in front of us.

I have never punted ANYONE. A statement that some SCCA T1 racers on this forum cannot make in good conscience.

BTW- here is Subdriver's summary of this incident that he posted last year:
"The next lap brought the first attrition as hard charger Jeff Robbins went flying, literally, into the keyhole, damaging Pete Looby’s right rear tire. Jeff left the track, again, literally. Pete limped back into the pits. Ryan Snodgrass checked up and was hit by Jason Berkeley, spinning Ryan off. Jason didn’t know it, but he damaged one of his tires, left rear I think, and he spun off later in the race as the tire deflated."

link:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68415

Jason

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aaron,

Actually, we all really are- including Dave and I. However, I just want to make sure that nobody gets the incorrect impression that I just "punted" someone.

Jason

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Quit trying to explain the unexplainable, Jason. You're a menace on the track: always running into people! I'm surprised you haven't had your license revoked by now! Women and children (and Scotty B White) need to be protected when you are around! :p

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Oh, by the way, when we hooking up for dinner this weekend?

·
Registered
744 Posts
jasonberkeley said:
Aaron,

Actually, we all really are- including Dave and I. However, I just want to make sure that nobody gets the incorrect impression that I just "punted" someone.

Jason
Jason -

This is my first year wheel to wheel and I'm running Midwest Council ASR. It's fun but the competition is somewhat based on car differences - tends to determine more than driver. I was / am thinking about T1, but have only a roll / door bar not full cage - cutting up the dash etc. was something I wasn't ready to do last winter - maybe this winter I will...

You should come to BFR or GIN for one of the last races for some fun / practice

Aaron

·
Registered
79 Posts
jasonberkeley said:
Dave- We should probably do dinner Friday night, since Saturday is the big party at John Yarosz' house.

Jason
Unless it's been changed, Friday was the Yarosz party last year. My buddy and paddock partner John Y. is going to have a punch bowl this year so I can stick Dave's head in it. The bet is whether it will take one arm or two! :lol: Just kidding Dave! :cool: I was just looking at the supps for Pocono, It's hard to believe how much track time we are getting in comparison to what we didn't get last year due to the weather. Should be fun. I wonder how bad Heinrocket will embarrass us all this time?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My buddy and paddock partner John Y. is going to have a punch bowl this year so I can stick Dave's head in it. The bet is whether it will take one arm or two!
Don't let size fool you, big guy. Remember the old adage: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Now that I reread that, maybe I should just go ahead and stick my head in the bowl myself and save everyone alot of trouble.

Darn...I am starting to act French! :crazy:

·
Registered
21 Posts
From the pictures it looks like the mustang held his line and the black vette moved in and hit the mustang? Either way that looked like a lot of cars to get through turn one all at once :jawdrop:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts