Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My freind has a 99' Dodge Viper GTS ACR. We have had a couple of races up to about 60 mph, I won one then he won one, but we had never run the cars out against each other. Yesterday I got my chance. We were both on a circular on ramp onto a highway, me in front, him behind. As soon as the road straightened out we both dumped on it (both cars going about 60 mph at this time) I had a car legnth on him out of the turn and we raced to about 135. Same result, I still had about a car legnth on him. Although the Viper is supposedly fastest accelerating than my 01' Z, I failed to see this in my real world test. Although I couldn't pull away from him during this stretch, it made me happy that I din't loose any ground either. Moral of Steve's story, don't back down to Viper's, if you get a jump off of the line, they can't catch up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Enjoy the victory... but don't get over confident. Either you have some significant modifications on your Z06, or the Viper driver needs some help learning how to drive his car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
heeeeere Viper Viper Viper...where are u....all I get are stoopid Z3's buzzin my ass...yawn...

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I have said it before, and I will repeat myself now, the Driver means more than the car! When I take out my beloved Boss 302, all the neighborhood kids want a shot at it. Not one has won yet and while this car is quick, it is no Z06 vette either! Closest was a '01 Ram Air TA, but that came up short too and I believe it should have had the edge! Moral of this story is to chose your fights carefully and know when to fight back or act our age! ANYWAY, WAY TO GO YELLOW!!!!!:cheers: . Bill:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts