Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this Sunday we had our Tobay beach fest. I drove there with about 100 vipers, vettes, and a few others. Then I left to go meet up with my crew. Today the crew consisted of 2 360 Challenge Stradales, NSX, 550, 360, 355, 348, and an M3. By the time we got there the show was gone but we made our own. About 100 G35's showed up and a ton of STI's. Hung there for an hour or so and had a great time. More to come on this later.

On the way back we were on a main straight and I was leading the way as a few didn't know the area. On of the CS's came up next to me and downshifted. I did the same. I had a passenger and so did he. We both got down to first gear while rolling along at about 10mph. He honks three times. I go, he didn't, i get off, he goes, I play catch up. He had a half car launch on me. I was scared for a minute that he was going to beat me. By the middle of second he was next to me. Middle of third he was behind me a car. Ended around 110 and he was about two cars back. The crew knew my car was crazy fast but didn't think I could take a CS. They all saw it with their own eyes behind us. However the other CS driven by a 21 year old who's very aggressive was like "no way" He came flying up next to me and slammed on the brakes while downshifting. Here we go again. I was concerned this time as he had no passenger. We had two rans which were identical. We both went into first to about 10mph. Honk honk honk gone. We launched the same but he actually pulled me in first. SH1T i thought. But yet again by the time I shifted into third he was next to me. Took it to around 120 and he was about 2 cars behind me. We would have gone to faster speeds but it was becoming unsafe. I thought he would pull harder higher up but that wasn't the case. 1st and 5th the CS pulls. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, (the gears that matter) the Z owned. Good times.

So while I was at Tobay I grabbed my friends keys and we went for a ride. Popped my V12 cherry in a silver 550 Maranello. I hated it. The view of the front of the car is worse than a C4. You sit up rather high. Much higher than the vette and 360. I don't believe that was adjustable but not certain. The seating position was terrible. It was kinda laid back like a Gallardo. Not an aggressive angle at all. The torque was amazing. I don't undderstand how it felt the way it did. The car was only a bit more than me (475 to my 450 i believe). Yet even at very low RPM's you stomp it and it goes. Off the line it spinns the tires and takes off pretty well. Nowhere near the Z06 in 0-60 though. But at a 100mph stomp I think he would take me. I'll let you know. It's built perfect for it's purpose. If I was driving across countries in Europe averaging 150mph there's probably nothing I'd rather be in. That was another thing the sense of speed was half of what it actually was. 100mph was a joke, unless you hit the gas. Then it would pull so smooth and silent it was amazing. But that's not how most people around here in the good ol US of A drive. I was considering saving up and getting a 550 because the market on them is really good, I love the looks, it's very fast, and they'll drop even more when the imola 600 comes out. I'm sure I would like it more if I had the time to get used to its massive size and seating position. The stearing feel and response was great but it didn't handle all that well...at all. Guess I'm going to have to save much longer for a 360. First the new Z though. :D

Here are a few links to pictures I didn't take of the day.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2128292022&code=15445327&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

http://nygoc.com/pics/view_album.php?set_albumName=album15&page=2

EC 4 life

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have raced a regular 360 and put about 2 cars on him. There is now a Cs that is local and we are supposed to set up a race. Hopefully the outcome will be about the same or close.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe a stock Z vs. a stock 360 the Z will edge out slightly depending upon starting speed/gear. But can easily be lost by a much better driver in a 360. A CS will take a stock Z no question. The CS would have to really mess up to lose. That would be hard considering they all have F1 transmissions. I do not want this thread to turn into a price/performance thread they drive me nuts. The 360 and 360CS are worth every penny. If you don't believe so don't post and just move along. Thanks

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The 360 CS is one sweet car. Wish I could have one... parked next to my Z.

Alex :D

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly. I really really want one but I'm not sure if I could get rid of my Z for it. You need the occaisonal dose of torque.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
phantasms said:
I believe a stock Z vs. a stock 360 the Z will edge out slightly depending upon starting speed/gear. But can easily be lost by a much better driver in a 360. A CS will take a stock Z no question. The CS would have to really mess up to lose. That would be hard considering they all have F1 transmissions. I do not want this thread to turn into a price/performance thread they drive me nuts. The 360 and 360CS are worth every penny. If you don't believe so don't post and just move along. Thanks

I'll agree and great story, But I thought the CSs had only a few more ponies and little less weight from the base 360s. It would still put the Z06 on top with Hp, less weight and straight line traction, wouldnt it? or am I wrong?

Luis

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Great pics. and thanks for the write up. :cheers: What does the "EC" bumper sticker that I saw on the back of the Ferraris and your car stand for?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chrisrokc said:
I have raced a regular 360 and put about 2 cars on him. There is now a Cs that is local and we are supposed to set up a race. Hopefully the outcome will be about the same or close.
What mods have you done and what are your dyno numbers?

just curious.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Phantasms, I've seen other post/threads about your connection with Ferarri's, Any change you'll be at the
Ferrari meeting in Indiannapolis, I'll be there for F1 mostly :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
COUTO1981 said:
I'll agree and great story, But I thought the CSs had only a few more ponies and little less weight from the base 360s. It would still put the Z06 on top with Hp, less weight and straight line traction, wouldnt it? or am I wrong?

Luis
The 360 has 400 and the CS has 425. The torque I believe is still 275. The weight of the CS wet is around 3000 lbs. The power weight of the CS is 7.1 vs 7.6 for the 360. It's a pretty good difference. The CS held up better than any stock Z I've ever raced for sure. Also the F1 shifting on the CS is much faster than the F1 on the 360. So the only thing the Z has going for is is the torque but the gearing of those cars nearly makes up for it. I adore the CS. Shame it's F1 though. I'd never own an F1.

360 p/w 7.6
C5 Z p/w 7.28
360 CS p/w 7.1
my car power/weight is 6.888 (with a sick torque curve)
430 p/w is 6.52
new Z p/w is 6.2

Damn these coming years are going to be fun.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
COUTO1981 said:
Phantasms, I've seen other post/threads about your connection with Ferarri's, Any change you'll be at the
Ferrari meeting in Indiannapolis, I'll be there for F1 mostly :yeadog:
When is it? I haven't heard anything about it as of yet. I just booked place tickets to Vegas fo the Ferrari Challenge next month though. :D

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ambleZ06 said:
Great pics. and thanks for the write up. :cheers: What does the "EC" bumper sticker that I saw on the back of the Ferraris and your car stand for?
I've got a few better pictures at home. I didn't have the time to post them because I have to resize 'em. I'll do it asap. The EC stickers just show that you're part of the EC crew. EC originally stood for East Coast because we all met in the tri state section of Fchat. Then we came to realize that pretty much everyone on Fchat is a stuck up bunch of babies. So we took everthing that was good about Fchat, improved upon it, got rid of the losers, and now we have our own forum. It's very tight nit with even more of a family feel than this site which I love so. Now it stands for Earth Colony. Once someone becomes a blood member (which there are a few ways to do) you get an EC sticker.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
phantasms said:
I've got a few better pictures at home. I didn't have the time to post them because I have to resize 'em. I'll do it asap. The EC stickers just show that you're part of the EC crew. EC originally stood for East Coast because we all met in the tri state section of Fchat. Then we came to realize that pretty much everyone on Fchat is a stuck up bunch of babies. So we took everthing that was good about Fchat, improved upon it, got rid of the losers, and now we have our own forum. It's very tight nit with even more of a family feel than this site which I love so. Now it stands for Earth Colony. Once someone becomes a blood member (which there are a few ways to do) you get an EC sticker.
Cool. Thanks. I always enjoy seeing the pics that you post. It is great to see that your friends actually drive their cars. I have always said that a Ferrari is a work of art that needs to be driven and not just seen.

·
Registered
219 Posts
very cool! F 550 is the most beautiful car on the road IMO... well a 250 GT California isn't too bad either, but much more $$! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
phantasms said:
When is it? I haven't heard anything about it as of yet. I just booked place tickets to Vegas fo the Ferrari Challenge next month though. :D

Thats why I asked, a 360 is no problem for a Z , I know that but the numbers you just told me about the 360 CSs, thats another story, I didnt know ferrari could pull off such numbers considering the 360 modena is well into the 6 figures and it weighs more then a mustang, less torque then a mustang, and less power then a Z06, but I love Ferraris, and the CSs are my new favorite of them...

I have tickets for the F1 race for the weekend of the 17th, I talked to a few buddies of Ferrari forums and its suppose to be the biggest Ferrari club metting, obsviously with shoemaker :sneaky: and all there :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
COUTO1981 said:
Thats why I asked, a 360 is no problem for a Z , I know that but the numbers you just told me about the 360 CSs, thats another story, I didnt know ferrari could pull off such numbers considering the 360 modena is well into the 6 figures and it weighs more then a mustang, less torque then a mustang, and less power then a Z06, but I love Ferraris, and the CSs are my new favorite of them...

I have tickets for the F1 race for the weekend of the 17th, I talked to a few buddies of Ferrari forums and its suppose to be the biggest Ferrari club metting, obsviously with shoemaker :sneaky: and all there :yeadog:
nice

fyi a 360 doesn't way near what a mustang does. a few hundred pounds less.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have run with both a 360 and a CS,on the local track.My bone stock Z06 ran as fast as both of them and I didn't notice any difference,but you must consider drivers.The Stradale owner told me the only difference is 80 hp from the 360.It has a 3.6L V8 that's rated at 425 hp and weighs about 3200lbs.I rode in the CS and was very impressed,they are nice cars and well worth the price.Ferraris like it better at higher speeds.If I was to give my opinion as to which one is faster I would have to call it a draw.If I had the money I would buy a CS.,but I'd rather have a 250 GTO,in Ferrari RED of course. :pp:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
awesome to see those cars at the track. what exactly did they all run, yourself included? the owner of the CS is an idiot though. the CS only has 25 more hp and weighs less than 3200lbs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts