Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey gang..

I got another video of me racing that 03 Cobra last night from a 40 to 130 roll.

Mods:

2003 Cobra
2.8 pully
Full cai intake system (Aftermarket airbridge, coupler)
Cat back exhaust
Aftermarket Shifter
xxx rwhp (Haven't dynoed yet)

2001 Z06
Full cai intake system
cat-back exhaust
340 rwhp

I told him to hit it when we got side by side, then I will hit it. In other words, I gave him the jump intentionally. That was a mistake..lol. Next time I am not going to be so nice.. :lol:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=FadivsJoe

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Hey bro, you got a strong Z for being basically stock vs. that modded Cobra. Tell him to keep the pedal to the floor next time. :guiness:

Bob :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Cool. :cheers: :jammin:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice run! You had him no question had you kept on going.. That's why he let off the gasseroo!

Is you car tuned with the intake and the exhaust? With a tune, you will get quite a bit more juice to bring it all together..

Cheers,

Greg

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VETTEST said:
Nice run! You had him no question had you kept on going.. That's why he let off the gasseroo!

Is you car tuned with the intake and the exhaust? With a tune, you will get quite a bit more juice to bring it all together..

Cheers,

Greg
Hey buddy..No, I do not have a tune. I was thinking about getting a dyno tune, but I did not think it would make a difference given that my only mods are an intake and exhaust.

When I dynoed my car bone stock..it made 338 rwp..with the intake and exhaust, i made 340 :bang: ..So now that I think about it, maybe I do need a tune.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well a good tuner will tell you that a smart tune alone will make a difference. The cars run rich out the box, between that, and timing the AC to shut off, and to run the car cooler, you gain some here and there.
If you get a tune, drop in a cooler thermostat. Keeping the car running cooler internally, as well as in the engine compartment helps keep power up. Above 205 degrees I believe the system cuts back, and you lose power.
I bet you a tune would get you up quite a few ponies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts