Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up people? I am racing a buddies 03 Cobra tonight. But, here is the catch:

He is clueless about cars. He got into the car seen just a few days ago and all of the sudden went out and got a 03 Cobra. Anyways..to make a long story short, he went to pick up his used Cobra today and he called me saying "Fadi, this car seems different. The clutch is very stiff and the exhaust does not look right, and the shifter is clunky" So i drive down there to see the car and I come to find out it has a racing clutch in it (EXTREMELY STIFF), Steeda cai, Steeda cat back exhaust, and a short throw shifter. Now, my question is...

If this guy that had previously owned this car has a racing clutch, intake, exhaust, and a short throw shifter on the car, he most likely has a pully too...How do I tell if there is an aftermarket pully on there? I looked under the hood but Iam clueless when it comes to the Cobra motor, and I don't know if it has an aftermarket pully on it or not. How can I tell?

Oh, this race will be taped and I will post it on the forums. It will be done on a private road with no traffic. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
JoeClams9 said:
first thing would be if the bracket in front of the pulley is off.

if thats not there, then there definitely was a swap!
Shit...the bracket is not there and the pulley is visible...I am in trouble.

I also just come to find out that the cai he has also is supported by an aftermarket bridge and coupler connecting to the TB...Yikes

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
holedgr said:
Fadi.....are you too busy Flexin to drive fast anymore?? :D

You know I love ya man. I have faith in ya!!
:lol:..Nah..I still have a little bit of driving skills left. But, we wont be going from a dig due to traction. Besides, I want to see if i can beat his car, not his driving skills and/or traction.

So, from the looks of it, I am about to race a pullied/intake/exhaust/ and possibly chipped Cobra in my slow, 340 rwhp, 01 Z06..haha, i am going to win!!!!! :eek2:

·
Registered
314 Posts
think about this though zlicious....it is possible, if he bought it froma dealer that they swapped the pulley back to stock!

did he buy from them or private?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Just go have fun. If he's a rookie be very careful that if something goes wrong he doesn't take you and himself down. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
For God sake Fadi, you better drive your Z like you stole it! :jammin: If for some awful reason he wins.......destroy the video.....don't show it to us, please. :eyes:

Bob :cool:

P.S. Wish you had a few more ponies, but your drivin' skills and heart should make the difference. We all have faith in ya!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JoeClams9 said:
think about this though zlicious....it is possible, if he bought it froma dealer that they swapped the pulley back to stock!

did he buy from them or private?
No, it came from an auction :thumb:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IT L GO said:
Just go have fun. If he's a rookie be very careful that if something goes wrong he doesn't take you and himself down. :cheers:
hehe, you are right..that is why another buddy that knows what he is doing will be driving the Cobra.. :D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rpallas said:
For God sake Fadi, you better drive your Z like you stole it! :jammin: If for some awful reason he wins.......destroy the video.....don't show it to us, please. :eyes:

Bob :cool:

P.S. Wish you had a few more ponies, but your drivin' skills and heart should make the difference. We all have faith in ya!
Thanks Bob..very kind of you to say..I will do my best and keep your words in mind :thumb: ..Stay tuned

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Run what you brung.

Kick some ass!

Alex :jammin:

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you can't take him, set me up for a run and we'll video tape that. Tell him to bring a Kenne Bell and some juice.

It's stock. I swear.
:sneaky:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The DBK said:
If you can't take him, set me up for a run and we'll video tape that. Tell him to bring a Kenne Bell and some juice.

It's stock. I swear.
DBK, since when is a 422ci considered stock?! :NoNo: You better delete your sig till this thing is over. :thumb:

Bob :yeadog:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The DBK said:

It's stock. I swear.
I have yet to meet you man, and you live about 40 miles away..Hopefully someday.

Ok, in all reality..from a 45 to 130 roll, how bad would this Cobra pull on me?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Zlicious said:
I have yet to meet you man, and you live about 40 miles away..Hopefully someday.

Ok, in all reality..from a 45 to 130 roll, how bad would this Cobra pull on me?
Who knows until you know the whole story. I've raced and beat chipped and pullied Cobra's when my car had headers, exhaust, air intake and shifter.

It all depends on what's really in there, but it's not impossible that you would win, and it's not impossible he would whoop you. Only one way to find out...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts