Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for anyone that has installed racing harnesses in their ZO6, that might have some good info such as lessons learned, problems encountered, etc......would appreciate any advice.....will be receiving my Breathless bar and RCI harnesses within a day or so.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I installed the Breathless bar and Crow Harnesses. Check Product Reviews for my brief review of this setup.

<-------------Over there

The one thing I found was that the lap belts are a little short. But since I have a sorta small frame, they fit me perfectly with about 2 inches to spare on each side. If I were 20 lbs heavier this might be a problem.

Other than that, as long as you got bolt in harnesses or at least the wrap around harnesses with bolt in hardware, you will find the setup VERY easy to install. Most of your time will be spent adjusting the harnesses to fit you.

I am VERY pleased with the Breathless setup and I'm sure you will be too.

Oh yea, after you install the brackets and get ready to install the bar, make sure you slide the bar between the brackets from the FRONT cause they are slightly angled and you will scratch the finish if you try from the rear :roll:

One more, belt yourself in the stock seat belts and notice the angle of the shoulder support. Once the bar is in, it will not rotate freely anymore. As you tighten the bolt, make sure that the angle stays the same and that the plastic cover that covers the bolthead is straight.

JC

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.....I'll bet there's nothing like being strapped to the rocket!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I put in the....

.... the Brey Krause Bar and the red Simpson 6 point belts.

Pics of mine and the belt and bar installation in "Member Rides"

<---------------------OVER THERE, on page #4 of "Member Rides"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts