Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to swap the radio out of the Z06 and install it in a Malibu. Basically the radio has been out of the Z for a couple a years but now I need the Bose module and any cabling that might be assocated with this transplant. could use advice.

Tony #54

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on now someone must have removed the old radio and installed a new and had to deal with the Bose box! By the way where is the Bose box?

·
Registered
638 Posts
ELF Z06 said:
Come on now someone must have removed the old radio and installed a new and had to deal with the Bose box! By the way where is the Bose box?

I've read some topics re: headunit replacement but not a lot. Hopefully someone will chime in and help ya!

You'd be surprised that a lot of Z owners barely use their radio.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The factory head unit is basically just a generic GM radio. If you are installing it in a Malibu without the Bose speaker modules you won't need any of the Bose components. The Bose signal processor is located just above the accelerator pedal, then there are crossover/amp modules in each door behind the tweeters.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did install just the radio and nothing seem to work as if there was there wasn't any power to the unit. There is a place to inset 2 plugs in the back on the Z06 radio and only 1 on the Malibu radio so I assumed there was a cable that went to the Bose unit and cam back. If I install the Bose unit do I have to also install the crossover units from the doors? All I really wanted to do was put a CD player in my wife's car without going out and buying a CD unit. Maybe it's time to go out and spend 50 bucks and call it a day.

Tony #54

1 - 5 of 5 Posts