Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the few times I've had the radion on, I noticed that the volume increases at WOT. Has anyone noticed this? :mug:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It is supposed to. Turn the outer ring on the volume know full counter-clockwise and it won't. :cheers:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Did they forget to give you an owners manual?? :D :D
It took me over a year before I opened mine for the first time!!
I think I was looking for something about the radio also!!

It's normal and actually works very well!!

Ken

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I like that option :coo:

·
Registered
654 Posts
defender said:
It is supposed to. Turn the outer ring on the volume know full counter-clockwise and it won't. :cheers:
I wondered waht that outer knob was for. I'd be sitting at a light and turn it and think "Man thats the most useless feature ever" :rofl:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
It's called "Speed Compensated Volume" or "SCV", which if I recall (too lazy to go outside and look) it actually says, right on the facia next to the knob. It's supposed to be controlled by road speed, not engine RPM, so it's not WOT that matters but how fast you're going.

The effect increases (you get a greater amount of volume boost for any given road speed) the farther clockwise you turn the knob.

The radio on my wife's Sierra PU has the same thing. It's a GM feature.

It would have cost them pennies more to do it right, and have the volume controlled by how loud it was in the car. But the way it is works well enough I guess... maybe the extra pennies just wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Rocket,

Guess if was my pennies, I'd watch em too, but still don't think it works very well. Ehh, just leave the radio off and listen to the car, more fun anyway!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
SCV has been in Vettes since the C4 days. Use the Internet to learn about the car BEFORE you purchase, it's to your benefit.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
When I run mine up to 150 mph real quick with the windows down, the volume really gets high to compensate for the wild noise from the cam/headers/prt's. :thumb:

Bob :jammin:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I've got XM satellite in my Vette, and the only problem I have is with the voluyme....it doesn't get loud enough. Regular AM/FM/CD does, but not XM. :mah:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok now im embarassed. Mods!!! pls delete this thread. :)

But on a serious note, I skipped the radio portion of the manual.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
SexyLex said:
ok now im embarassed. Mods!!! pls delete this thread. :)

But on a serious note, I skipped the radio portion of the manual.
Just think about all the others that you help learn about "Speed Compensated Volume" or "SCV". :idea:

·
Registered
878 Posts
i can't hear anything but an LS6 during WOT,course i'm a senior citizen :z:

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is actually a very nice feature to have in a vette if you think about it with all the road noise you hear, which also gets louder the faster you go. I hate it when Metallica gets drowned out by those damn chip & seal roads.:flaming:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Zrod said:
Ehh, just leave the radio off and listen to the car, more fun anyway!
I agree! I almost never have the radio on when I'm pushing it a little. I get a big kick out out of the car sounds (and I'm always listening for detonation :roll: ).

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
who can hear the radio at WOT when the girlfriend is SCREAMING in your ear to "SLOW THE F*CK DOWN BEFORE YOU CRASH AND KILL US BOTH!!!!!!"

:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts