Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Range low?

After filling tank with gas, I get range low on the DIC. I am not sure but I use to get a reading of 385 miles. (approximately) After driving 10-15 min. it starts reading in miles again, but from say 250 on up to the 350 range? I have never seen the range low on the DIC for being low on gas. I have never let the tank get lower than a1/3 of a tank. any idears?? what is your range with a full tank?????:-?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
What you describe is normal, since I have seen the same thing. The car is always updating the "Range" based on a runnig avg of MPG and the level in the tank. I've found mine to be damn accurate :D.

When I fill up I compare how many gallons are left in the tank (18.5 minus what it took to fill) and using the last AVG MPH figure on the DIC calculate the range ... its usually really close to what the DIC says.

I've found that all the gauges/instrumention on the C5s to quite accurate -- better than most cars I've seen :D.

If your cruising around town, you should let the tank get down there some so you can experience how the DIC gives you fuel related messages.

The range on a full tank is directly related to your avg MPG. If you filled up and took off on a long road trip I would expect 25~28 MPG, so your range would theoretically be ~500 miles ... not too shabby, huh?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ZeeOhSix, thanks for your reply. I thought I might have had a problem. I guess I don't. What has been your best MPG so far. I have seen 26 MPG on a short highway trip. About 19-20 around town. And about 10-12 with my foot in it. Like you say, not to shabby!!!!:D :D :cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
QKSLVR -- I haven't had a good chance to take a mellow, long hiway cruise. Around town driving I'm getting about 17~18 MPG with short bursts of sprited driving involved.

Its really amazing how good the gas mileage really is, even if driven alittle hard. I've had cars with half this much HP get worse mileage in similar driving conditions. The LS6 has so much low end torque that it moves well with not much throttle at all :D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts