Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a raptor in my 01 z06. it seems like the shift light is coming on earlier than what its set.i have it set at 6300 but seems like its coming on at around 6000 or am i just imagining things?? any others have this problem??

·
Registered
135 Posts
xxsvtcobrakidxx said:
got a raptor in my 01 z06. it seems like the shift light is coming on earlier than what its set.i have it set at 6300 but seems like its coming on at around 6000 or am i just imagining things?? any others have this problem??
That's one of the reason's why you bought the raptor. The stock tach is slow. :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Your not imagining things. Mine does that too. I think it comes on about about about 200 rpms early or so. My tachs climbing so fast its hard to tell. :D

Jim

·
Registered
882 Posts
As said, if you drive really slow, the tach will catch up with the Raptor. The Raptor response is immediate. The tach is slow to respond so that it is easier read. :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
xxsvtcobrakidxx said:
That probably means it's working correctly. I guess you can test it by setting it around 4000 and driving up to that rpm very slow and see if it illuminates at the same time the tach reaches 4g's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for all the help! i had no clue the stock tach was slow. i set it at 3500 and while driving slow it hit right on the button then set it at 6000 and did a wide open pass and seemed like it lit at about 5800 so the shift light is the accurate thing to go by??not the tach???and also mods are vortex rammer with kooks headers what should i set my light at?? i do not powershift i slightly lift the throttle in between shifts

·
Registered
882 Posts
xxsvtcobrakidxx said:
thanks guys for all the help! i had no clue the stock tach was slow. i set it at 3500 and while driving slow it hit right on the button then set it at 6000 and did a wide open pass and seemed like it lit at about 5800 so the shift light is the accurate thing to go by??not the tach???and also mods are vortex rammer with kooks headers what should i set my light at?? i do not powershift i slightly lift the throttle in between shifts
You can kinda see how the limiter can be hit if you go by the tach. Alot depends upon your reaction time to the light and how you shift. You could just try it at 6100 and see how close you can get to the rev limiter. :)

I have two, one for around town and one for high rpms. The lower rpm one is pretty useful for practice. Never really use the tach for much anymore. :eek::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts