Corvette Z06 Forum banner

How do we compare to the standard C5 owner?

• Even when he had a C5 he dreamed about the Z06

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • More interested in Horsepwer and Torque than a disc changer

Votes: 91 24.5%
  • Would rather have a lower 0-60 than a removable roof

Votes: 80 21.5%
  • Would rather run in the 12's than have lumbar support

Votes: 58 15.6%
  • Spends time in the garage just oogling over the Z06

Votes: 50 13.4%
  • All of the avove

Votes: 248 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do we compare to the standard C5 owner. Cast your VOTES.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
:-? There are several 'vette styles available and to each their own, but a vette is still a vette and I will not break away from that crowd! Sorry, but while we may have "the best 'vette yet", we still own 'vettes and we should NOT discriminate. Just MHO and take it for what it cost, NOTHING! Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
70boss302 said:
:-? There are several 'vette styles available and to each their own, but a vette is still a vette and I will not break away from that crowd! Sorry, but while we may have "the best 'vette yet", we still own 'vettes and we should NOT discriminate. Just MHO and take it for what it cost, NOTHING! Bill :cheers:
Bill take it easy. I am not discriminating against anyone . I came out of a 2000 Vert. It was a great car! I did many mods to make it like a Z06 and it never was. I wanted a muscle car that would run in the 12's. So I sold the Vert and bought the Z06. All I am saying is there is a difference. Z06 owners seem to be more passionate about performance than the other Vette buyers. That all. I love ALL Vettes new and old!!!! Just my.02

Jackhammer:guiness: :guiness:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Saying the Z06 is just another vette, is like saying Cindy Crawford is just another woman. :lol:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Z06ROD said:
Thanks Cindy Crawford, you just got me to Z06 MEMBER!!!!!!!
And you said "She is just another woman!! "

:lol:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
I'm really glad that you added the "All of the above" response. Otherwise, I'd have been wondering for hours what Rod mean't by Cindy Crawford being just another woman? :p :p :p

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
You are a baddddd man!! :lol:

But then, Bo Derek was the last "10", eh? And now she's a bit aged??? :p :roll: :)

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
:) Sorry Jackhammer if I confused you or anyone else into misinterpeting my comment. What I wanted to say in my previous post was that I feel lucky to own a Corvette, but I feel extra lucky to own a Z06! I wave to any vette, new or old, Z06 or not, male or female. I hope this helps clear it up. I am glad to be a part of the Corvette community and would rather spend time and energy building up brotherhood rather than distancing myself from the rest of the crowd. Nothing anyone can say here would be cause to get upset, live is too short! Right Don? :cheers: Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
70boss302 said:
:) Sorry Jackhammer if I confused you or anyone else into misinterpeting my comment. What I wanted to say in my previous post was that I feel lucky to own a Corvette, but I feel extra lucky to own a Z06! I wave to any vette, new or old, Z06 or not, male or female. I hope this helps clear it up. I am glad to be a part of the Corvette community and would rather spend time and energy building up brotherhood rather than distancing myself from the rest of the crowd. Nothing anyone can say here would be cause to get upset, live is too short! Right Don? :cheers: Bill :cheers:
Right on "Brutha" :cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
JMHO

I think the Z06 owners are the true enthusiasts. We've seen it here on this forum. The Z06 Guys/Gals are more down to Earth than the average Corvette owner. I compare you all to Harley riders....it's that common bond, brotherhood feelng. We don't have the :bs: here that you see at other places. We know what we have, and we don't have to flaunt it. The Z06 has put together the greatest group on/off the net that I have ever seen!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
The majority of people who own a C5, be it a Coupe, Convertable, Hardtop or Z06, loves the car. I think where the Z06 owner differs, is that we just won't settle for anything less than the quickest, most agile Corvette ever produced. I can attest to this by having owned all three C5 versions.:D

carzzy

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
What about us poor, yet subtley happy FRC owners?

When no one is looking, I sit in my 99 Torch Red FRC, hidden in the garage. I quietly, yet fervently, in the dark, in my FRC, with my leather helmet (with red sun painted on the front part), goggles pulled down over my eyes and white silk scarf wrapped around my neck sit there... Breathing rapidly, trembling, . And when all is quiet, and the anticipation is at it's unbearable greatest ...

I make vroom-vroom sounds, zoom-zoom sounds, and other 2-stroke types of sounds and pretend I'm happy in my Z06!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding guys! I love to drive Z06's, but I'm pretty happy with my FRC! After all ... I get to use q-tips and drink Corona beer as I pull my plugs and clean the tips! :lol: :lol:

Shutup Dan!!!! No! Yes! No! Zoooom!!!! You'll never take me alive!!!!!!!!!!! Vrooooommmm!!!!

:crazy: :z: :cheers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
My 2001 Z06 is my 3rd vette..owning a red 87 ragtop fist and a 94 white ragtop next. I was actually looking at another ragtop but the dealer gave me such a deal(44 vs 52) I couldn`t pass it up.
I`ll say this much...This thing drives like no other(except for that cheezy shifter). I may miss having the top down, But...I have "Z".

Another thing is I`ve never had so much fun with the vette as I do reading you guys on Z06vette.com. I think this site does seem to have a botherhood feeling to it. :cheers: I think I got a good deal on the Hurst shifter too.. One cheezy thing out the window.

:cool: Mark

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
:D OK then, I will wrap this up like this, the BEST part about owning a Z06 Vette is having this web site and forum!!!!!! I think that statement sums it up very well. Do we all agree?????? Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
A Vette is a vette is a vette, and they all have a beauty to them.

I have also owned 3 and truly wish I could have kept them all :eek: But alas, not enough garage space (Or funding)

The Z06 is truly the pinnacle of GM factory produced performance and man what a platform to mod :D

It's great to have a Vette, and even better to have the Best Vette.

A fortunate Vette (Z06) owner :D

Yes, Z06Vette.com ROCKS!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts