Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car in after lowering on stock bushings to have an alignment, replace EXTREMELY noisy brake pads, replace front turn signal housings with water inside of them and to recenter uneven exhuast tips. Nothing was fixed. They didn't even attempt to raise the car because they said they couldn't get a lift under it. I guess no one has heard of driving up on 2x4s. They said there was a bulletin for both turn signals and brakes and they wouldn't replace. The bulletin for the signals says the water should go away within a few hours. I left it in the garage for 3 days and the moisture is still all over the inside of the turn signals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure why you came all the way to central IL from St. Louis for service, but assuming you're in the area, I go to Grimm Chevrolet in Morton - they treat me well. A friend swears by Uftring in Washington too. Good luck on your future forays to the dealer!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Service VME - Brake Squeal and Brake Dust Accumulation - ABS TCS wheel #PI01320 - (Aug 18, 2003)
Service VME - Brake Squeal and Brake Dust Accumulation

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.

SERVICE VME
This is a service VME involving 2002 through 2004 Z06 Corvettes

Corvette (Y- Body) 2002, 2003 and 2004 Z06 Corvette Brake Squeal and Brake Dust Accumulation

The Corvette Z06 is equipped with high performance front brake linings that provide improved brake performance under severe use. Like all such linings, they will exhibit some low speed noise and an increase in the amount of brake dust. These conditions should be considered normal for this brake pad material. If this is a large customer dissatisfier, the front brake pads used on the convertible and Targa can be used as a replacement. The convertible and Targa brake pad will NOT provide the same level of performance under severe use.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As for your moisture, parking in the garage is not going to work. Needs a heat source to evaporate the water, like the sun or having the lights on for a few hours. Usually will have to have a puddle in the light to be replaced, not just a moisture build up on the lens

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Cobra#3747 said:
Usually will have to have a puddle in the light to be replaced, not just a moisture build up on the lens
Why does GM not get it rhough their thick skulls that even "just a moisture buildup" is no suitable - light fixtures should not leak - period. It took me a couple times to get my signals replaced.

If the lamp assembly leaks - it is GM's problem and no matter how small should be addressed.

The above is why GM is in the trouble they are - the attitude is "if the wheels haven't yet fallen off or no-ones died yet, it's not bad enough to fix".

·
Registered
114 Posts
RC45 said:
Why does GM not get it rhough their thick skulls that even "just a moisture buildup" is no suitable - light fixtures should not leak - period. It took me a couple times to get my signals replaced.

If the lamp assembly leaks - it is GM's problem and no matter how small should be addressed.

The above is why GM is in the trouble they are - the attitude is "if the wheels haven't yet fallen off or no-ones died yet, it's not bad enough to fix".
I THOROUGHLY agree. Just because it will evaporate on its own... I don't care! It should absolutely not happen in the first place.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Guess the insides of your windows never fog up and have condensation on them? :roll:

Funny how a car that stays in the garage, never sees rain can end up with condensation on the inside of a light, except maybe when washed. However never taking into consideration, how warm the lens probably was when the cold water hit it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove to central Illinois because I used to work for the dealer and in the past, always had somewhat decent experiences. Also, they'll let me go back in the service area while my car is being worked on. I know most garages won't allow this due to liability issues. However, I recently found out that Dennison Chevrolet acquired a new service manager and now they're very tight with performing any warranty work.

I agree, no amount of condensation is acceptable. No other car has had this problem... and for the amount of money we payed, we sure as hell shouldn't.

I need to hear what amount of brake noise is acceptable. Sometimes it is ridiculously loud - it pierces my ears. I feel like a fool coming up to a stop light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts