Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a way to re-wire the stock headlights so that the low beam stays on when you turn on the high beam? Sorta like when you pull back on the stalk how they both stay on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know there is a kit out there that works on GM trucks...looked into it a while back but never made the purchase. Not sure how different it would be on the Z but one could probably even "make somethin' up" if need be.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name of the vendor though since they are not listed on the site.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Vrrooom said:
Anyone know of a way to re-wire the stock headlights so that the low beam stays on when you turn on the high beam? Sorta like when you pull back on the stalk how they both stay on.

I know what you mean the stock head lights (suck!) I would also like to know how to wire them together.

P.S. I just installed a set of PIAA 1100 driving lights, that helps a lot

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I was thinking of doing that with the stock lights too.....
can you supply data on the PIA Driving lights...Model /price/Specs/Avaiable at ??

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
maineyak_2000 said:
I was thinking of doing that with the stock lights too.....
can you supply data on the PIA Driving lights...Model /price/Specs/Available at ??

My buddy gave me the lights ( free-bee :thumb: )

You can buy them for $169.00, Model # PIAA 1100 and then buy the custom mounting brackets for $29.99. Send me a PM and I will give you the vendor,and the link for installation.

We are not aloud to post vendor links anymore :ity:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Vrrooom said:
Thank you. Now to find out where exactly the dimmer switch is on the Corvettes.

I was actually thinking of going with a 4300k HID low beam, and then have the brights if I need it at all. Since HIDs have a sharper cut off.
Are you doing the HID conversion with the OEM reflectors?

GB.

·
Registered
403 Posts
European Halogens

I installed European spec Cibie lights on my Z06. Some very minor splicing was required to hook up the OEM wiring to the new connection. Very good low beam cut off; and blazing high beams with just a 55 watt bulb. 80 watt bulbs are available but are considered "extreme" for the street. My source was a company named after a funny named animal from down Under. :jammin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts