Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone:

I have an 04 Z06

I was just curious for future mods. ""Without doing a cam yet ""....

Right now I am at 390wrhp (460crank) with:
Vararam w K&N
Smooth tube into throttle body
LG Headers w cats
B&B twin tip bullets.

Is it possible to add AFR 205 heads roller rockers, 90mm throttle body, and get me to a very reliable 425rwhp (500HP crank) ? Without doing a cam yet.

I would just like to reach the 500HP crank mark. I want the car to be very reliable since I plan to keep for a long time. I also want emissions to pass with no issues.

Is it possible to get to 425rwhp (500crank) with just doing AFR heads/roller rockers/90mm throttle body?

I know a cam only would be cheaper but I want to leave that mod till last.... I may or may not do in the future.

Thanks
Z49

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Actually the guy I purchased my Kooks from Canada took his car back to all stock except some Heads I cant remeber the name and at most his own tune and he told me he made 414 or 424rwhp I cant remember, Just 414 with just heads and stock exhaust is great :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Yes, 425 RWHP is attainable with your mods and AFR heads.
I do question the need or even the advisability of a 90mn throttle body(LSX intake manifold) without a big cam.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
IMO I don't think the 90mm TB is going to be of much help on a 5.7 block. I've read about a few guys getting some impressive returns from the AFR heads alone. Have you asked the guys at LGM? :mug:

·
Registered
387 Posts
IT L GO said:
Yes, 425 RWHP is attainable with your mods and AFR heads.
I do question the need or even the advisability of a 90mn throttle body(LSX intake manifold) without a big cam.
I agree! :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Z49 Z06 said:
Everyone:

I have an 04 Z06

Vararam w K&N
LG Headers w cats
B&B twin tip bullets.

Is it possible to add AFR 205 heads roller rockers, 90mm throttle body, and get me to a very reliable 425rwhp (500HP crank) ? Without doing a cam yet.

I would just like to reach the 500HP crank mark. I want the car to be very reliable since I plan to keep for a long time. I also want emissions to pass with no issues.

Is it possible to get to 425rwhp (500crank) with just doing AFR heads/roller rockers/90mm throttle body?

I know a cam only would be cheaper but I want to leave that mod till last.... I may or may not do in the future.

Thanks
Z49

I think if you removed your cats and did a FAST intake and underdrive pulley, with a good tune you could get damn close to 425rwhp. :yeadog:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks on your opinions guys.

I have not asked LGM yet if just the AFR heads will get me to 425rwhp. Next time i'm over I will.

So a 90mm throttle body might not be worth the $$ ? Maybe just a ported/polished throttle body huh ?

Just the AFR's with my current setup might get me to 425rwhp? Thats fantastic ! :guiness:

Will Roller rockers make sure I get to 425rwhp? With the heads off and new, why not right? Roller rockers are not on the AFR 205's to start with I assume....

Z49

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Z49 Z06 said:

I have not asked LGM yet if just the AFR heads will get me to 425rwhp. Next time i'm over I will.

So a 90mm throttle body might not be worth the $$ ? Maybe just a ported/polished throttle body huh ?

Just the AFR's with my current setup might get me to 425rwhp? Thats fantastic ! :guiness:

Will Roller rockers make sure I get to 425rwhp? With the heads off and new, why not right? Roller rockers are not on the AFR 205's to start with I assume....

Z49

Just thow a cam in there and be done with it! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
vetdrms said:
I think if you removed your cats and did a FAST intake and underdrive pulley, with a good tune you could get damn close to 425rwhp. :yeadog:

I dont think that possible, 35rwhp just from pullies and no cats is impossible :jawdrop: , It woudl be great but not reality

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vetdrms said:
Just thow a cam in there and be done with it! :jammin:
I want to do a cam LAST.... Once I reach 500hp (425rwhp), then I will decide later if I want a cam....

If I decide to do a cam later everything else will be built up and I will get a big gain :yeadog:

Trying to do this in steps..... So wife don't notice too much where the $$ is going :D

Z49

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Z49 Z06 said:

Use your stock roller rockers.
You can get a 78 mm fast intake (maybe 2-5 hp)
You can add an underdrive pulley (maybe 2-3 hp
Get the 59 cc version of the 205 heads (maybe 6-9 hp over stock CC.
I did a cam only at first (no heads) with all the bolts ons and only got 409 rwhp, I don't know if you will reach 425 with heads. Any body do it?

·
21,351 Posts
There was a thread about a year ago (to lazy to look) about a AFR 205 head only car making just over 400.

I think 425 is a little optimistic without a mild cam.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Z49 Z06 said:
Everyone:

I have an 04 Z06

Vararam w K&N
LG Headers w cats
B&B twin tip bullets.

Thanks
Z49
you're in dfw, take it to andy at 21st century muscle cars, pick it up 3 hours later with 425 rwhp!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Z49 Z06 said:
What will they do to it to get 425rwhp ? (without installing a cam)

Z49
i wouldn't bet against them tuning it to 425 as it sits. they pulled 380rw out of mine with a halltech trap!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slow99 said:
i wouldn't bet against them tuning it to 425 as it sits. they pulled 380rw out of mine with a halltech trap!
I went to a dyno day there in Feb and they dyno'ed the same as LG's dyno. what kind of tuning can get me another 35rwhp?

sounds fishy to me... :ity:

Z49

·
Registered
186 Posts
are you already tuned? if i'm at 380 with an air intake, it might not be out of the question. call them and see. i know i've ran into a guy with tune, air intake, and long tubes that tuned to 400 at 21st.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
slow99 said:
are you already tuned? if i'm at 380 with an air intake, it might not be out of the question. call them and see. i know i've ran into a guy with tune, air intake, and long tubes that tuned to 400 at 21st.
Yes I am already tuned to 390rwhp with Air fuel ratios ranging from 13-13.5 or something like that.

Other than waiting to get more miles on my car (at 4700 now) I don't think my dyno can get much better without adding more go fast parts.

Z49

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I dont think that possible, 35rwhp just from pullies and no cats is impossible :jawdrop: , It woudl be great but not reality

you forgot the part about the FAST intake :screwy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts