Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this from a friend of one of our country's serviceman:

Born in 1972, I was blessed to grow up riding around in my Dad’s 1973 Corvette. I guess you could say that Corvette’s were in my blood from the start. After 13 years of driving around an old Malibu with no a/c, I decided to treat myself to a new car. After reviewing my options (Camaro or Firebird – Mustang was never a choice) I decided on a Hardtop Corvette, the “inexpensive” Corvette. After the Z06 was introduced, I knew what I had to do. While stationed in Korea, I ordered my 2001 Z06 through the Military Car Sales Program. This program was designed to provided servicemembers stationed overseas with American cars at a fair price. My car was one of six Z06’s sold through the program in 2001. On April 13, 2001 I took delivery at the Bowling Green Corvette Museum, left 20 feet of rubber out front and never looked back. I am currently a 1LT serving with the 261st ASMB at Ft. Bragg, NC.
Here is a link to a web site with some pics at the museum and the ride home. Hope like them.

http://www.hotrodwebpages.com/JohnsZ06/index.html

Sincerely,

JOHN A. URCIUOLI
1LT, MS
S-4, 261ST ASMB

Cool pics too, some of Adam in there :)

JC

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
JC,

Absolutly Cool so now email him and offer him an exclusive Free membership......

Ie: Get um on board..............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy he's got great pic's there...............

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
God Bless you and CONGRATS on the Z. You and all of our service men and women are in our prayers. ENJOY AND BE SAFE. :D

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
To; John

Congrats on the Z06.

I worked a couple of years at Cape Fear Med Center. If you run in to "Ski" in Spec Ops and his lovely wife Andrea and/or her partner in crime Jennifer, say hello from Don.

God Bless and keep yor head down.

May you always be in a target rich environment, especially at Hooters!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tell him we have a great group of Vette owners in the Raleigh,NC area and would love to see him at any of our gatherings....assuming he isn't overly busy right now. :)

We're doing a dyno day on Nov. 3rd. Several other smaller events.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks JC for posting John's great story and pictures.God Bless John and all our service men and women. Greg:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey hey hey, he took delivery on my birthday and didn't invite me...JK, nice storyand good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
That C5 is at the Museum. It was the crash test car showing how well the structural integrity held up.

ZeeOhSix said:
Cool story and nice pics on his websight. But what is this pic all about ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts