Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 2 quarts of Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube. I have a 4oz. bottle of Pennzoil additive that's about 5 years old. Any problem using it when I change the gear lube?
Thanks.

Charlie

·
Registered
259 Posts
HI CHARLIE
I don't know for sure but I never heard of it having a shelf life . I would put it into a clear container and look for sediment in the bottom of the original container ( separation of product ). If all lookes good I would use it JMHO. I think my rear took 3.5 Qt's to fill it not 2 Qt's
Bob

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OLDGUY said:
HI CHARLIE
I don't know for sure but I never heard of it having a shelf life . I would put it into a clear container and look for sediment in the bottom of the original container ( separation of product ). If all lookes good I would use it JMHO. I think my rear took 3.5 Qt's to fill it not 2 Qt's
Bob
Hey Bob,
I've asked around since I posted that and the consensus of opinion is that it will work just fine. It's not like old brake fluid that will absorb water. It's in a clear 4oz. bottle and the oil looks perfectly clear. The rear actually holds less than 2 quarts...somewhere around 1.6. I think I'll throw caution to the wind and use the stuff I have. :D

Charlie

·
Registered
259 Posts
When your right your right===I must have been thinking transmission DAAAAA!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts