Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my Z in for some stoneguard installation next Friday, and am getting some on the lower rocker panel area and around the rear brake duct opening. Seems this area is VERY susceptible to road rash.

I'm thinking it might be nice to remove the rear cooling ducts so the stonegaurd can be applied and the duct reinstalled so they don't have to try and cut around the duct. It would make for a much 'cleaner' look.

So, has anyone removed these ducts -- if so, how hard is it. Looks like the whole inner wheel well liner needs to be removed in order to get to the back side of the ducts.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yes

HI there,
Yes, you are correct. The inner wheelhouse liner needs to be removed to access the 4 retaining nuts inside the lower sill plate.
It is not as bad as it seems, really .
Hope this helps, c4c5:z:hammersdoinbodywork??????

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks C4C5

The only concern is driving it to the shop (about 80 miles round trip away) with no fender liners. I really don't want to reinstall them for the trip. Should I be concerned about crap getting up behind what ever the liners protect?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
As long as it is not raining. :)
I think that you will be fine. There will always be some residue inside there, you will find it will not be perfectly clean.
Besttoyou, c4c5:z:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts