Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today while washing the Vette that the rear brake ducts pick up a lot of dirt. After cleaning them it was also apparent that they actually have small pits due to the debris that pelts them. Anyone else noticed this?

From the looks of it these do take a beating. I was thinking about having them painted to match the car, but now I think I'll hold off on that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
David,

Those ducts really do take a beating!! My concern with painting them is chipping. It will be really interesting to see how they hold up for the Z owners who have painted theirs. I suspect they would start chipping pretty bad after a short time. JMHO

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have noticed the same thing with mine just light pitting. I have been wiping mine down with armor all, seems to make them look a little better

------------------

·
Registered
278 Posts
The pitting is the EXACT reason GM didn't paint them.

Jim

GM is not so dumb after all.

------------------

Y2K Mil Yellow Coupe (1G1YY22G7Y5103005), delivered 8/27/99.
MN6, all options except mag or HiPol Wheels, Breathless Vortex Rammer, Breathless Backplate, B&B Tri-Flow Sport Exhaust, Lowered by dealer, Autobuffs wheel/sill/steering wheel vette logos, Vettegear Billet Shifter Insert, V1 Radar w/display, Cobra Remote CB Hand Unit, KoolKat Internal CB Antenna, Window Tint. Dyno'd 10/7/2000, 354.7 RWHP, 369.6 RWTQ. (GM Lemon Law Buyback 11/10/2000)

Y2K+1 Mil Yellow Z06, Sequence Number 11749
1st start 10/27/2000 at approx 7:00am CST, delivered 11/10/2000.
General Motors "AUDIT" unit, All Options except modified interior, Breathless Performance Carbon Fiber Vortex Rammer and Power Duct, Factory Lowered, Window Tint, Autobuffs steering wheel vette logo, Vettegear Billet Shifter Insert, V1 Radar.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Pitting? Hell, I have full blown gouges in mine from road debris.. Wierd thing is though, how come this never happens to the paint?

Corvette paint must have road debris repellent in it.....In hindsight, maybe GM should paint them

------------------
JC

2001 Blk/Blk Z06
Lloyds Z06 Mats, !CAGS, Halltech TRIC, Autobuffs Decals, Zaino
Pics
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts