Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking over my 02 Z06 I found that the rear brake hoses are too short. When the car is jacked up with the rear tire(s)off the ground the brake hose is streched pretty tight. I imagine this gets even worse when the car is in motion. At the very least it looks like the brake hoses will crack & fail early.

Has anyone eles noticed? Maybe a recall is in order.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have noticed this also on my Z.
My '99 coupe had the same short lines.
My guess is that you would almost never have the car in full droop while driving.
Driving both on hilly road courses has not been a problem.
Dave

·
Registered
327 Posts
I noticed this same thing when swapping from the stock Z06 brake lines to Russel SS braided brake lines. The Russels are the same length and look to be too short as well. This is only under full suspension droop as well.

You'd think they would position the brake line straight out towards the rim, instead of up towards the car. This is the hard metal line I'm talking about.

And on a hilly road course I have had the rear end come off the ground and set TC and such on from leaving the ground and coming back down :/

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
This is an excellent point, however, there is still an extra1/2 more stretch into the line.
After talking with GM engineers on this back when the car was first introduced, they said it was done for interference issues, at the back wheels.
Normal, and no to worry.
Besttoyou, c4c5:z:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well the loop doesn't have to be vertical, it could be horizontal... It is all relative, right? :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well the loop doesn't have to be vertical, it could be horizontal... It is all relative, right?
I think horizontal would be fine as long as it avoided any twisting and the bend radii were okay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts