Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere on this board I saw someone makes screens that cover the vent slits on the rear bumper. Can't seem to find who I can buy these from. Anyone know?

I guess I'm also curious on how these screens mount up -- looks like they attach on the inside surface somehow. Anyone have these and if so, could you give some details?

·
Registered
84 Posts
L.A.P.D. is in the process of producing the screens for the side and the rear facia. You can contact them but as of this morning that was the latest info.
Rocky 02 Z06

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
BrianK said:
3M sells a double sided tape that is commonly used to attach trim, etc.

I'd locate some stainless screen and DIY.
The 3M molding and trim tape does not stick to the screen.
My screens are screwed on to strips of angled acrylic that the tape will stick to and then to the body. LAPD will have them by Thursday next week.
You will find pics here.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7910
One of the reasons I did not just make these just for myself and not mfg. them for sale is finding the screen in small qtys. I have to buy a min. of 40 sqft at a time. You might be able to find screen at a metal fabricator in smaller qtys. The 3M tape is sold in rolls for around $20.00 that you will only need about 12" of.
Then you will spend hours cutting, fitting, crawling under the back of the car and the tape will still not stick to the screen.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone from doing this themselves, just letting you know it's not as simple as it looks.
Hell who wants to spend money on a project that you can do yourself? That is why I made my own ram air or cold air induction system, I was not going to pay $200.00-$500.00 dollars for $4.00 in plastic and a 30.00 filter.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rocco Palmi said:
L.A.P.D. is in the process of producing the screens for the side and the rear facia. You can contact them but as of this morning that was the latest info.
Rocky 02 Z06
Did they give you any projected cost on these items? Hope its reasonable :D. If the price is right, I think 95% of the guys out there would rather buy and slap on then DIY. I know I would :).

·
Registered
638 Posts
Tom,

Glad to see LAPD is using your idea and marketing it. Congradulations...great idea.:cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
ZeeOhSix said:

Did they give you any projected cost on these items? Hope its reasonable :D. If the price is right, I think 95% of the guys out there would rather buy and slap on then DIY. I know I would :).
Last time that I talked to them they did not have any pricing information available.
Rocky 02 Z06

1 - 7 of 7 Posts