Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REAR GLASS SHATTERED AT FACTORY , it seems my rear glass was shattered at factory.... ..

when i took delivery of my car . i found some black silicone by rear window , then i saw some scratches very light ones on trunk .. me and gnx guy saw them , them i found glass under my seat , then i put it all together a figured it out ... the BACK GLASS WAS SHATTERED ....the dealer said it was done at factory ,they had to wet sand the trunk and they got all the scratches out ,has this ever happened to anyone here?..... just courious......:-?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
What a bummer, does wet sanding have any effect on the clear coat?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The dealer ASSUMES it was done at the factory, something like that happening at the factory will never be known for certain by the dealership. Cars which enter quality control never have the reason for their delay revealed, even to a dealership....so it could be possible that the dealership did it, and is just lying...or they could just be assuming, but don't let 'em tell you they know for SURE it was done at the factory...

Ok, it's 2:30, been at work for 16 straight hours, I'm rambling....sorry :)

:guiness:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Working in an assembly plant, I get to see quite a bit first hand. I think you guys would be shocked to see behind the scences!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
TAMUz06 said:
The dealer ASSUMES it was done at the factory, something like that happening at the factory will never be known for certain by the dealership. Cars which enter quality control never have the reason for their delay revealed, even to a dealership....so it could be possible that the dealership did it, and is just lying...or they could just be assuming, but don't let 'em tell you they know for SURE it was done at the factory...

Ok, it's 2:30, been at work for 16 straight hours, I'm rambling....sorry :)

:guiness:
<<More likely it happen on the transport,either truck or rail.All it would take is a dropped chain or binder from the level above.If you ever have the rear glass replaced again,take the time to have the inside of the hatch cover painted in gloss black,takes all the cheap look away from the flat paint the factory uses.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ford, yes the same plant Frank works at:eek: has a lot next door to where I work. They use this lot to load transporters. Anyway about a year ago I was heading to lunch and what do I see. A brand new Explorer sitting on its roof with the flashers on. One of the funniest things I have ever seen. Now if that was your car, That Would Suck!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was at BG plant 9-7-01 and saw one at end of production with rear glas shattered..it was a coupe. I also was taken for a test track RIDE!!! in someone's silver Z06. I wanted to note the serial # and post here ... but it's better the owner doesn't know. Anyway between the donuts and 100mph run and subsequent 180 degree hairpin turn at 45mph I didn't have time. PS the tech. was testing a transmission problem.. it seems the car was jumping out of third gear under hard accel. The experiance was one I won't forget. That same morning the entire plant blacked out for one hour and the back up generators did not kick in. They told me @ 20 car would be scrapped in the painting area.

·
Registered
0 Posts
kevslionel said:
A brand new Explorer sitting on its roof with the flashers on. One of the funniest things I have ever seen. Now if that was your car, That Would Suck!!
Those vehicles that are wrecked are crushed. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
fcalmes said:

Those vehicles that are wrecked are crushed. :)

They sure are--Have crushed many at derailments,line them up after dragging them out of the tri-level cars , and crush. them with CATS.All parts go to a scrapper--nothing is saved.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
A brand new Explorer sitting on its roof with the flashers on.
What's unusual about that? Don't all Exploders do that?? :D

the dealer said it was done at factory ,they had to wet sand the trunk and they got all the scratches out
Want to know can you tell if your dealer is lying? His lips move. Did you ask him, why, if it happened at the factory, the factory would not fix it there rather than have the car exposed to all the elements? :roll:

Sheesh!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
How does the Dealer know that it was done at the factory??? Could have been done in transit or maybe they dd it????

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what i said maybe in transit or they did it .. i will never know .. thats what sucks ...:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts